Bahrain plans 10,000 new homes in 2012-13
Manama, April 12, 2012
A total of 10,000 new homes will be built in Bahrain during 2012-2013 to slash the waiting list, said a senior government official.
Housing Minister Basem Al Hamer added that the ministry has drawn up plans and programmes to meet demands by 2016.
This came as he met a delegation of chiefs and directors of Bahraini contracting companies.
He confirmed the role of a partnership between the ministry and contractors in boosting projects and said the ministry gives the highest priority to Bahraini contractors.
Al Hamer said the ministry also intends to build more flats, noting that it is working on 70 per cent of homes and 30 per cent of flats and a new strategy will help build more flats and buildings based on available space and services.
He said the ministry has about 80 registered contractors, considered relatively low, and will review criteria to register more in the next few months.
He also highlighted new technologies the ministry aims to adopt in its projects.
The delegation vowed to co-operate in new building descriptions and standards. – TradeArabia News Service
More Construction & Real Estate Stories
- Damac launches luxury apartments at Expo site
- Kuwaitis top GCC property buyers in Oman
- Rubber World to showcase at Big 5 Saudi
- Tool to help create effective property listings
- 'Smart' move by Dubai Design District
- Drake unit wins $13m contract in India
- Solar-powered cleaning boats launched in Sharjah
- $27m Expo Hotel Sharjah deal signed
- Arabtec unit wins $282m Emaar contract
- Abu Dhabi to host pool & spa expo
- ADCM unit secures $213m bridging loan
- Cluttons Dubai launches new luxury apartments
- Dubai developer Damac profits triple to $641m
- Dubai to start work on $544m water canal
- Dubai property market can absorb 25,000 units
- Jones Lang LaSalle renamed 'JLL'
- Aldar raises synergy estimate from Sorouh merger
- UAE industrial property sector keeps up growth
- Dubai residential property prices up 26pc
- Majid Al Futtaim to build new mall in Dubai IMPZ
- 300 firms to take part in Dubai property forum
- Naseej inks deal to develop Bahrain projects
- Dadabhai unveils new residential project
- Flowcrete completes Dubai Mall project
- Global asphalt demand hits new high
- $1.3bn infrastructure investment firm set up in Saudi
- Manara sees big project villa success
- Global giants eye RAK utility projects
- Cayan partners with international artist Zsuzsanna
- Samsung, Hyundai win $1.7bn Iraq deals