Bahrain begins revamp of heritage site
Manama, April 9, 2012
Bahrain has started work on revamping Bab Al Bahrain, which is one of the most important initiatives in view of Manama being named Capital of Arab Culture 2012.
This initiative aims to point out the importance of Bab Al Bahrain as the central and model square in Manama.
This will revive the glory of Bab Al Bahrain and bring back its original image dating back to 1949, with some modern touches. The passage of cars will be enhanced under the arch, which was the gate of the historical Manama Souq.
Culture Minister Shaikha Mai bint Mohammed Al Khalifa yesterday visited Al Jasra Handicraft Centre and reviewed the progress of work on revamping it as part of efforts to preserve heritage. – TradeArabia News Service
More Construction & Real Estate Stories
- Manara residential project on track
- Duqm completes airfields infrastructure work
- House prices hit new peak, led by emerging Asia
- Tunelling experts to meet in Dubai
- New mortgage rules to drive UAE property boom
- Sub-Saharan real estate set for big growth
- Cluttons names professional services head
- Hill wins key Doha tower project
- Dubai wins Expo 2020 with HOK masterplan
- UAE property group to invest $54m in Turkey