Work on $12m health centre to start April
Manama, March 22, 2012
Work on a new BD4.6 million ($12.2 million) health centre will start next month in what would be the largest facility in Muharraq, Bahrain, said a top government official.
The 13.6 sq m Abu Mahr Health Centre is the sixth government medical centre in the area and is being built on directives from HRH Prime Minister Prince Khalifa bin Salman Al Khalifa.
It will be located in Halat Abu Mahr and will be up and running in April 2014, said the Works Ministry spokesman.
It is understood residents of the area have been demanding such a facility since 2002.
The health centre, near the Muharraq police headquarters, will include dental clinics and specialised facilities for women on the first floor.
The second floor will consist of clinics for child care and rehabilitation as well psychiatry, physiotherapy and hydrotherapy services.
"There will also be meeting rooms, educational, medical and administrative offices, stores and services and special chambers for sample collection," said the spokesman. "There will be a laboratory and medical diagnosis facilities as well."
He said the centre is being designed to allow patients easy access to all its clinics and services.
"The building will be equipped with all electrical and mechanical services and state-of-the-art facilities," he added.
The five existing health centres in Muharraq are Shaikh Salman Health Centre, Muharraq Health Centre and NBB Health Centres in Dair, Arad, and another in Hidd. – TradeArabia News Service
More Construction & Real Estate Stories
- Damac launches luxury apartments at Expo site
- Kuwaitis top GCC property buyers in Oman
- Rubber World to showcase at Big 5 Saudi
- Tool to help create effective property listings
- 'Smart' move by Dubai Design District
- Drake unit wins $13m contract in India
- Solar-powered cleaning boats launched in Sharjah
- $27m Expo Hotel Sharjah deal signed
- Arabtec unit wins $282m Emaar contract
- Abu Dhabi to host pool & spa expo
- ADCM unit secures $213m bridging loan
- Cluttons Dubai launches new luxury apartments
- Dubai developer Damac profits triple to $641m
- Dubai to start work on $544m water canal
- Dubai property market can absorb 25,000 units
- Jones Lang LaSalle renamed 'JLL'
- Aldar raises synergy estimate from Sorouh merger
- UAE industrial property sector keeps up growth
- Dubai residential property prices up 26pc
- Majid Al Futtaim to build new mall in Dubai IMPZ
- 300 firms to take part in Dubai property forum
- Naseej inks deal to develop Bahrain projects
- Dadabhai unveils new residential project
- Flowcrete completes Dubai Mall project
- Global asphalt demand hits new high
- $1.3bn infrastructure investment firm set up in Saudi
- Manara sees big project villa success
- Global giants eye RAK utility projects
- Cayan partners with international artist Zsuzsanna
- Samsung, Hyundai win $1.7bn Iraq deals