Cluttons conducts evacuation drill in Bahrain
Manama, March 20, 2012
Leading real estate firm Cluttons said it has successfully conducted a full-scale evacuation exercise of the Almoayyed Tower in conjunction with General Directorate of Civil Defence.
Cluttons said in a record time of 25 minutes, the 44 storey building, which currently houses over 120 occupants, was seamlessly evacuated on Monday with precision and efficiency.
The drill started at 10am and all tenants had safely returned to their offices by 11am.
In line with best practice, an internal communications procedure was implemented over a number of weeks in advance of the event, with all occupants being informed of procedures during the evacuation process, said a statement from Cluttons, which is celebrating its 35th year in Bahrain.
Each office was assigned to nominate at least two fire marshals. Cluttons provided them with official corporate training materials, to ensure they were aware of their respective roles and responsibilities, it added.
"The previous fire evacuation procedure administered by Cluttons, was conducted in 2010, and took forty-five minutes to complete. The General Directorate of Civil Defence, is delighted with the improvement in efficiency," remarked Harry Goodson- Wickes, the head of country.
“Safety is a core value within the Cluttons Property Management team and I was very pleased with the professionalism with which our property management team conducted this exercise, and am proud that Cluttons are setting the standard for professional property management services."
"However there is always room for improvement, and we intend to continue training the fire marshals to do even better next year," he added.-TradeArabia News Service
More Construction & Real Estate Stories
- Abu Dhabi set for big property show
- Aldar working on $1.5bn UAE housing projects
- Gulf Finance House to start $3bn Tunisia project
- Abu Dhabi to see 10pc surge in new homes
- Saudi construction sector booming on new contracts
- Emaar offers 330 apartments in MBR City
- Dubai Design District sees big demand
- HUGE DEAL: Arabtec inks $40bn Egypt housing project
- Galfar ex-CEO gets 15 years' jail over bribes
- $32m BFH car park work underway
- Bahrain awards $5.8m project tenders
- Spinneys to set up distribution centre at Kizad
- Dubai unveils $300m hitech 'green' city project
- Deyaar plans $245m Dubai complex
- IFA unveils $272m Dubai mixed-use project
- CBRE tops Fortune’s most admired firms list
- Kuwait's real estate sales hit $1.1bn in Jan
- Dubai RTA awards $27m roads contract
- Work to start on Bahrain beach project
- Damac launches luxury apartments at Expo site
- Kuwaitis top GCC property buyers in Oman
- Rubber World to showcase at Big 5 Saudi
- Tool to help create effective property listings
- 'Smart' move by Dubai Design District
- Drake unit wins $13m contract in India
- Solar-powered cleaning boats launched in Sharjah
- $27m Expo Hotel Sharjah deal signed
- Arabtec unit wins $282m Emaar contract
- Abu Dhabi to host pool & spa expo
- ADCM unit secures $213m bridging loan