GLIS completes RAK landscaping contract
Ras Al Khaimah, January 23, 2012
Gulf Landscape and Irrigation Systems (GLIS) has announced the completion of the Dh33 million ($8.9 million) contract for the landscaping of Precinct 5 at the Mina Al Arab waterfront project in Ras Al Khaimah.
A leading landscaping company owned by Al Khayyat Investments, GLIS was in charge of the designs, construction, completion, maintenance of roads and landscape works in the project.
The contract involved road works, street lighting, hard landscaping, soft landscaping, irrigation systems, landscape lighting, street furniture, water features, swimming pools and play area equipment.
Mohamed Sultan Al Qadi, managing director and CEO of RAK Properties, said: “We are pleased with the smooth and timely delivery of landscaping of Precinct 5 of Mina Al Arab. The project aimed at beautifying the Mina Al Arab flagship project in RAK.'
Walid Al Wahsh, general manager, GLIS said: 'We are delighted to complete the landscaping at Mina Al Arab along highest standards and as per the requirements of RAK Properties. GLIS and RAK Properties were a distinctive team to deliver this project.'
'We are excited to add this to our illustrious portfolio of magnificent projects we have delivered in the UAE. We are proud that we have contributed to the execution of RAK Properties’ mission of providing world class residential and commercial units to their customers,' he noted.
Mina Al Arab is home to an exciting array of themed resorts, all tailored to offer a varied vacation experience. The property gives a panoramic view of picturesque beaches, mountains and beautiful landscape.
This project provides world class environment suited for maintaining a healthy lifestyle through amenities like a jogging track, private beach planted with coconut trees, swimming pool, tennis court, children's play area and ample open spaces to experience nature's freshness.
Mina Al Arab, which covers an area of 43 million sq. ft, includes small water parks, fitness centers, a marina, adventurous Arabian style theme parks and a traditional souq.-TradeArabia News Service
More Construction & Real Estate Stories
- Bahrain awards $5.8m project tenders
- Spinneys to set up distribution centre at Kizad
- Dubai unveils $300m hitech 'green' city project
- Deyaar plans $245m Dubai complex
- IFA unveils $272m Dubai mixed-use project
- CBRE tops Fortune’s most admired firms list
- Kuwait's real estate sales hit $1.1bn in Jan
- Dubai RTA awards $27m roads contract
- Work to start on Bahrain beach project
- Damac launches luxury apartments at Expo site
- Kuwaitis top GCC property buyers in Oman
- Rubber World to showcase at Big 5 Saudi
- Tool to help create effective property listings
- 'Smart' move by Dubai Design District
- Drake unit wins $13m contract in India
- Solar-powered cleaning boats launched in Sharjah
- $27m Expo Hotel Sharjah deal signed
- Arabtec unit wins $282m Emaar contract
- Abu Dhabi to host pool & spa expo
- ADCM unit secures $213m bridging loan
- Cluttons Dubai launches new luxury apartments
- Dubai developer Damac profits triple to $641m
- Dubai to start work on $544m water canal
- Dubai property market can absorb 25,000 units
- Jones Lang LaSalle renamed 'JLL'
- Aldar raises synergy estimate from Sorouh merger
- UAE industrial property sector keeps up growth
- Dubai residential property prices up 26pc
- Majid Al Futtaim to build new mall in Dubai IMPZ
- 300 firms to take part in Dubai property forum