Dubai to launch major road paving project
Dubai, December 25, 2011
Dubai's Roads and Transport Authority (RTA) has announced a major street paving project in the emirate, costing up to Dh1 billion ($272 million), a report said.
The project, which is expected to start in a few weeks, will be completed in four years, said the report in the Gulf News, quoting Mattar Al Tayer, chairman and CEO of RTA.
He said the work will first start in areas where the sewage system is complete.
The first phase of the project is estimated to cost Dh150 million and will include five areas in Sha'abiyat Hatta. The second phase of the project will start in 2013 and will cost around Dh140 million. This will cover the second Al Muhaisna area, and along with Al Barsha 2, the report said.
More Construction & Real Estate Stories
- Plaza Premium wins Abu Dhabi Airports contract
- Engineering experts attend Autodesk conference
- Dubai $114m freehold property in big demand
- Heavy Equipment enters Qatar market
- Bahrain market to get $15.8m facelift
- Jacky’s unveils new 3D printers
- Technip wins $400m Kuwait PMC contract
- Arab investors eyeing Turkish property
- Arabtec denies Drake merger speculation
- Saudi's ACWA signs $472m sukuk financing