Dubai to launch major road paving project
Dubai, December 25, 2011
Dubai's Roads and Transport Authority (RTA) has announced a major street paving project in the emirate, costing up to Dh1 billion ($272 million), a report said.
The project, which is expected to start in a few weeks, will be completed in four years, said the report in the Gulf News, quoting Mattar Al Tayer, chairman and CEO of RTA.
He said the work will first start in areas where the sewage system is complete.
The first phase of the project is estimated to cost Dh150 million and will include five areas in Sha'abiyat Hatta. The second phase of the project will start in 2013 and will cost around Dh140 million. This will cover the second Al Muhaisna area, and along with Al Barsha 2, the report said.
More Construction & Real Estate Stories
- Work to start on Bahrain beach project
- Damac launches luxury apartments at Expo site
- Kuwaitis top GCC property buyers in Oman
- Rubber World to showcase at Big 5 Saudi
- Tool to help create effective property listings
- 'Smart' move by Dubai Design District
- Drake unit wins $13m contract in India
- Solar-powered cleaning boats launched in Sharjah
- $27m Expo Hotel Sharjah deal signed
- Arabtec unit wins $282m Emaar contract
- Abu Dhabi to host pool & spa expo
- ADCM unit secures $213m bridging loan
- Cluttons Dubai launches new luxury apartments
- Dubai developer Damac profits triple to $641m
- Dubai to start work on $544m water canal
- Dubai property market can absorb 25,000 units
- Jones Lang LaSalle renamed 'JLL'
- Aldar raises synergy estimate from Sorouh merger
- UAE industrial property sector keeps up growth
- Dubai residential property prices up 26pc
- Majid Al Futtaim to build new mall in Dubai IMPZ
- 300 firms to take part in Dubai property forum
- Naseej inks deal to develop Bahrain projects
- Dadabhai unveils new residential project
- Flowcrete completes Dubai Mall project
- Global asphalt demand hits new high
- $1.3bn infrastructure investment firm set up in Saudi
- Manara sees big project villa success
- Global giants eye RAK utility projects
- Cayan partners with international artist Zsuzsanna