TAV, partners sign Madinah airport deal
Istanbul, November 3, 2011
A consortium comprising Turkey’s TAV, Saudi Oger and Al Rajhi Holding Group has signed a contract for Saudi Arabia’s Madinah airport, a report quoting TAV said.
The consortium will build and operate the Madinah International Airport for 25 years.
It will invest between $1 billion and $1.5 billion on the project and the construction of the passenger terminal is expected to finish by mid-2015, TAV chairman Sani Şener was quoted as saying by Hürriyet Daily News.
The Madinah airport is important for TAV’s portfolio in the Muslim world, he said. “Our partnership with two of Saudi Arabia’s large corporations will help us when bidding in other airport tenders,” Şener said.
More Construction & Real Estate Stories
- Damac launches luxury apartments at Expo site
- Kuwaitis top GCC property buyers in Oman
- Rubber World to showcase at Big 5 Saudi
- Tool to help create effective property listings
- 'Smart' move by Dubai Design District
- Drake unit wins $13m contract in India
- Solar-powered cleaning boats launched in Sharjah
- $27m Expo Hotel Sharjah deal signed
- Arabtec unit wins $282m Emaar contract
- Abu Dhabi to host pool & spa expo
- ADCM unit secures $213m bridging loan
- Cluttons Dubai launches new luxury apartments
- Dubai developer Damac profits triple to $641m
- Dubai to start work on $544m water canal
- Dubai property market can absorb 25,000 units
- Jones Lang LaSalle renamed 'JLL'
- Aldar raises synergy estimate from Sorouh merger
- UAE industrial property sector keeps up growth
- Dubai residential property prices up 26pc
- Majid Al Futtaim to build new mall in Dubai IMPZ
- 300 firms to take part in Dubai property forum
- Naseej inks deal to develop Bahrain projects
- Dadabhai unveils new residential project
- Flowcrete completes Dubai Mall project
- Global asphalt demand hits new high
- $1.3bn infrastructure investment firm set up in Saudi
- Manara sees big project villa success
- Global giants eye RAK utility projects
- Cayan partners with international artist Zsuzsanna
- Samsung, Hyundai win $1.7bn Iraq deals