Qatari Diar signs $544m Egypt contract
Doha, October 23, 2011
Qatari Diar Real Estate Investment Company said it has signed a $543.8 million contract with Consolidated Contractors Company to develop two projects in Egypt.
Qatari Diar, the property arm of the Gulf state's sovereign wealth fund, established in 2004 to invest in real estate assets abroad, counts London's Chelsea Barracks among its most high-profile overseas assets.
The contract allots $464.3 million to the company's Nile Corniche project in Cairo and $79.5 million to its coastal resort project in Sharm El Sheikh, Qatari Diar said in a statement on Sunday.
The mixed-use Nile Corniche project will include the construction of a five-star St. Regis hotel as well as office and residential accommodation, it said.
The first phase of construction for the costal Sharm El Sheikh resort project, intended to draw tourists, is scheduled for completion in June 2012, it said.-Reuters
More Construction & Real Estate Stories
- Dubai to open $196m tunnels project
- AECOM wins $148m Doha Expressway contract
- Top Indian property firm plans Bahrain foray
- Pacific Ventures names brand ambassador
- Chesterton to unveil prime London properties
- Indian Property Show 2013 to be ‘biggest ever’
- Alwaleed eyes world's big cities for mile-high tower
- Cluttons seals tenancy deal with Durrat
- Masdar launches wind farm in Seychelles
- Drake & Scull mulls dual listing in Saudi