Sipco to boost brand with French firm
Riyadh, July 23, 2011
Saudi Industrial Paint Company (Sipco) and BS Coatings of France have signed a joint venture to develop and promote the Sipco brand and product lines, mainly through introducing new technologies and technical know-how.
This agreement aims to support this leading paint brand, strengthened by Eurokote and EndoprenE trademarks of BS Coatings.
The agreement was signed by Abdullah Al Hobayb, chairman of United Industrial Investments Company (Univest), which is the parent company of Sipco Paints, and Gérard Gaillard, chairman of BS Coatings, in the presence of Ali Alyan, Managing director of Univest.
“I am pleased with Sipco’s performance, which is a result of a focused and innovative business strategy,” said Al Hobayb.
“Sipco’s new joint venture business partner BS Coatings has a legacy of more than six decades of operating successfully in the international protective coatings market. The two partners will be complementing each other in an endeavour to further consolidate Sipco’s leadership status in the region,” he added.
Gérard Gaillard, chairman of BS Coatings, said: “This joint venture with Sipco gives us the opportunity to be able to seriously promote and introduce these technologies in the Middle East.”
Gaillard said BS Coatings’ line of business covers “heavy duty protective coatings, steel pipe coatings, cast iron pipe coatings and speciality coatings for industry and floor protection”.
Ali Alyan said that this joint venture is a tangible advantage to existing Sipco Paints business operations and it will facilitate the transfer of latest technology and industry knowledge, enabling Sipco Paints to add a new dimension in meeting customers’ demands.
The new 5-year road map reflects aggressive growth plans in parallel to the segment’s growth enabling Sipco to further strengthen its current leadership status, he added. – TradeArabia News Service
More Construction & Real Estate Stories
- Bahrain awards $5.8m project tenders
- Spinneys to set up distribution centre at Kizad
- Dubai unveils $300m hitech 'green' city project
- Deyaar plans $245m Dubai complex
- IFA unveils $272m Dubai mixed-use project
- CBRE tops Fortune’s most admired firms list
- Kuwait's real estate sales hit $1.1bn in Jan
- Dubai RTA awards $27m roads contract
- Work to start on Bahrain beach project
- Damac launches luxury apartments at Expo site
- Kuwaitis top GCC property buyers in Oman
- Rubber World to showcase at Big 5 Saudi
- Tool to help create effective property listings
- 'Smart' move by Dubai Design District
- Drake unit wins $13m contract in India
- Solar-powered cleaning boats launched in Sharjah
- $27m Expo Hotel Sharjah deal signed
- Arabtec unit wins $282m Emaar contract
- Abu Dhabi to host pool & spa expo
- ADCM unit secures $213m bridging loan
- Cluttons Dubai launches new luxury apartments
- Dubai developer Damac profits triple to $641m
- Dubai to start work on $544m water canal
- Dubai property market can absorb 25,000 units
- Jones Lang LaSalle renamed 'JLL'
- Aldar raises synergy estimate from Sorouh merger
- UAE industrial property sector keeps up growth
- Dubai residential property prices up 26pc
- Majid Al Futtaim to build new mall in Dubai IMPZ
- 300 firms to take part in Dubai property forum