New gardens planned in Bahrain
Manama, June 25, 2011
Two public gardens, with key facilities including a walkway as well as a children's playground and rest areas, is likely to come up in Riffa, A'ali and Isa Town, said Bahrain government officials.
Of this, one is proposed on a plot of empty land in block 841 in Isa Town, near the educational area, said area councillor Ahmed Al Ansari, who came up with both proposals.
He said the location badly needed some greenery and would help create a family destination.
The councillor said the proposed walkway would also help ease the load on Al Estiqlal Walkway in Sanad and the A'ali Walkway.
"The two existing walkways are already facing huge crowds," he told the Gulf Daily News, our sister publication.
"This public park will play three roles in one - green space, a garden for families and a walkway," he added.-TradeArabia News Service
More Construction & Real Estate Stories
- Duqm completes airfields infrastructure work
- House prices hit new peak, led by emerging Asia
- Tunelling experts to meet in Dubai
- New mortgage rules to drive UAE property boom
- Sub-Saharan real estate set for big growth
- Cluttons names professional services head
- Hill wins key Doha tower project
- Dubai wins Expo 2020 with HOK masterplan
- UAE property group to invest $54m in Turkey
- Industrial facility rents up in Abu Dhabi