Jones Lang LaSalle names new Mena head
Dubai, May 4, 2011
Jones Lang LaSalle, the leading real estate investment and advisory firm, has appointed Alan Robertson as its new chief executive officer in the Mena region effective June 1.
Based out of the firm’s regional headquarters in Dubai, Alan will be responsible for the firms operations across the Middle East and North Africa, comprising over 110 professionals in five offices in the UAE, Saudi Arabia and Egypt.
Before relocating to the Middle East, Alan was the managing director of Jones Lang LaSalle in Turkey, a position he held from 2008.
Prior to this he worked in the commercial property markets in the UK from 1983 to 2008 and was head of Scotland for Jones Lang LaSalle as of 2005. He was made a partner in Jones Lang Wootton (now Jones Lang LaSalle) in 1989.
Educated at the University of Aberdeen in Scotland, Alan has a post graduate Diploma in Land Economy (Dip LE) and an honours degree in Science (BSc Hons). He is a Fellow of the Royal Institution of Chartered Surveyors (FRICS).
Alan takes over from Thierry Loué, who replaces Blair Hagkull as Mena chairman following Blair’s move to Jones Lang LaSalle in Canada.
“Alan’s strong executive skills and client focussed approach allowed him to build impressive credentials that have won the respect of clients and colleagues across the firm,” said Thierry Loué, chairman of Jones Lang LaSalle Mena.-TradeArabia News Service
More Construction & Real Estate Stories
- AECOM wins $148m Doha Expressway contract
- Top Indian property firm plans Bahrain foray
- Pacific Ventures names brand ambassador
- Chesterton to unveil prime London properties
- Indian Property Show 2013 to be ‘biggest ever’
- Alwaleed eyes world's big cities for mile-high tower
- Cluttons seals tenancy deal with Durrat
- Masdar launches wind farm in Seychelles
- Drake & Scull mulls dual listing in Saudi
- APR Energy wins biggest Libya power contract