EC Harris named Doha mall project consultant
Doha, April 6, 2011
EC Harris, the leading international Built Asset Consultancy, has been appointed by Bawabat Al Shamal Real Estate Company to provide commercial management services for the Doha Festival City shopping mall development.
Located on the outskirts of Doha, on one of the primary roads to Saudi Arabia, the development will span across 428 million sq ft, with three million set aside for retail space. The shopping mall will aim to attract some of the world’s leading brands to the site.
The first phase of the project is due for completion in 2012, whilst the remaining elements will be delivered by 2015.
The development will feature a 300,000 sq ft IKEA store, a 350,000 sq ft entertainment and leisure complex, a supermarket and other major international and local brand tenants as well as hotels and conference facilities.
EC Harris has worked on over nine million sq ft of retail space in the Middle East, and brings a wealth of experience in delivering major shopping malls in the Mena region.
Some of the projects the company has previously helped to deliver include the recently completed Mirdif City Centre development in Dubai, the Bloomingdales store in Dubai Mall and the Al Wahda shopping mall in Abu Dhabi.
On their appointment, Simon Light, partner at EC Harris said, "The Doha Festival City shopping mall will become a significant addition to Doha retail market and we are delighted to be involved in the delivery of such a prominent and exciting development."
"We look forward to working with the team to deliver a positive outcome to all associated investors and tenants," he added.-TradeArabia News Service
More Construction & Real Estate Stories
- Abu Dhabi set for big property show
- Aldar working on $1.5bn UAE housing projects
- Gulf Finance House to start $3bn Tunisia project
- Abu Dhabi to see 10pc surge in new homes
- Saudi construction sector booming on new contracts
- Emaar offers 330 apartments in MBR City
- Dubai Design District sees big demand
- HUGE DEAL: Arabtec inks $40bn Egypt housing project
- Galfar ex-CEO gets 15 years' jail over bribes
- $32m BFH car park work underway
- Bahrain awards $5.8m project tenders
- Spinneys to set up distribution centre at Kizad
- Dubai unveils $300m hitech 'green' city project
- Deyaar plans $245m Dubai complex
- IFA unveils $272m Dubai mixed-use project
- CBRE tops Fortune’s most admired firms list
- Kuwait's real estate sales hit $1.1bn in Jan
- Dubai RTA awards $27m roads contract
- Work to start on Bahrain beach project
- Damac launches luxury apartments at Expo site
- Kuwaitis top GCC property buyers in Oman
- Rubber World to showcase at Big 5 Saudi
- Tool to help create effective property listings
- 'Smart' move by Dubai Design District
- Drake unit wins $13m contract in India
- Solar-powered cleaning boats launched in Sharjah
- $27m Expo Hotel Sharjah deal signed
- Arabtec unit wins $282m Emaar contract
- Abu Dhabi to host pool & spa expo
- ADCM unit secures $213m bridging loan