Amer Group to begin selling Syrian units
Cairo, January 24, 2011
Egyptian property developer Amer Group will begin selling units at its Porto Tartous tourist project in Syria this week, it said on Monday.
Amer Group, which sells property on Egypt's coasts, has been expanding outside the country with projects in Syria and Dubai.
It has said it is also looking at Saudi Arabia.
The Syria project, which had been scheduled for launch in mid-November, will have more than 3,700 serviced apartments, a shopping mall, 100,000 square meters of office space and a yacht marina. It will also have a sports stadium and private beaches.
In November, Amer Group sold 500 million shares in an initial public offering that was oversubscribed 5.8 times. – Reuters
More Construction & Real Estate Stories
- Qatari group unveils $823m giant mall project
- Tecom announces new operational structure
- Better Homes releases property guides
- Drake & Scull clinches $461m Saudi contract
- Obayashi-HBK venture wins Doha project deal
- Bahrain halts digging at housing project site
- Strike won't affect projects says Arabtec
- Bahrain cuts new property registration cost
- IPIC to use $4bn pipeline payment to repay debt
- MMG appoints advisor for debt restructuring