Emaar to showcase key projects at Cityscape
Riyadh, December 12, 2010
Emaar Middle East, a subsidiary of property developer Emaar Properties, is showcasing the on-schedule progress achieved on its master-planned communities in the Kingdom, at the Cityscape Riyadh which opens on Sunday.
The premier property expo, which runs till December 14 at Four Seasons Hotel, aims at highlighting the leading projects in the Kingdom, while also bringing together real estate professionals to discuss the state of the property sector and chart future trends.
As principal sponsor, Emaar Middle East will showcase Jeddah Gate and Al Khobar Lakes, the two integrated communities being developed by the company, at the event.
Dr Dia Malaeb, regional chief executive officer responsible for Emaar Middle East, said the company is one of the pioneers in master-planned community development in the Kingdom.
'Our participation as principal sponsor of Cityscape Riyadh highlights our commitment to showcase world-class homes, to meet the growing demand for residences in Saudi Arabia. It is estimated that Riyadh alone would need over 1 million new homes by 2014 while overall demand is set to grow at an average 3.3 per cent,' he remarked.
'We are committed to delivering on our promise of providing world-class homes for our customers. Construction work on Jeddah Gate and Al Khobar Lakes has progressed considerably, and very soon, these developments will become full-fledged residential communities,' he stated.
'We are working with world-class contractors and consultants to ensure that our customers are welcomed to a truly international residential development,' Dr Malaeb added.
Jeddah Gate is a mixed-use project featuring residential units, commercial space, and 75,000 sq m of gross leasable area for retailers. Top-end retailers and several food & beverage outlets will function in close proximity to the residential towers.
The sale of Abraj Al Hilal, a cluster of three high-rise residential towers within Jeddah Gate, gained strong home buyer and investor response.
Part of the vision of Jeddah Municipality to develop the Old Airport area in the center of Jeddah, Jeddah Gate offers community living marked by local heritage, and is strategically located close to the Jeddah business centre.
It is only 40 minutes from Makkah by car, and will be even more accessible with the commencement of the high-speed train service in 2013. Lifestyle amenities include swimming pools for men and women, health club, squash courts, and a common podium with a roof garden, Dr Malaeb said.
The first few residential towers are currently in final stages of completion, and will be handed over to customers in the coming months.
Al Khobar Lakes is a luxury lakefront development featuring picturesque and serene water bodies. It is one of the premier lakefront developments and the largest integrated community in Eastern Province.-TradeArabia News Service
More Construction & Real Estate Stories
- Bahrain awards $5.8m project tenders
- Spinneys to set up distribution centre at Kizad
- Dubai unveils $300m hitech 'green' city project
- Deyaar plans $245m Dubai complex
- IFA unveils $272m Dubai mixed-use project
- CBRE tops Fortune’s most admired firms list
- Kuwait's real estate sales hit $1.1bn in Jan
- Dubai RTA awards $27m roads contract
- Work to start on Bahrain beach project
- Damac launches luxury apartments at Expo site
- Kuwaitis top GCC property buyers in Oman
- Rubber World to showcase at Big 5 Saudi
- Tool to help create effective property listings
- 'Smart' move by Dubai Design District
- Drake unit wins $13m contract in India
- Solar-powered cleaning boats launched in Sharjah
- $27m Expo Hotel Sharjah deal signed
- Arabtec unit wins $282m Emaar contract
- Abu Dhabi to host pool & spa expo
- ADCM unit secures $213m bridging loan
- Cluttons Dubai launches new luxury apartments
- Dubai developer Damac profits triple to $641m
- Dubai to start work on $544m water canal
- Dubai property market can absorb 25,000 units
- Jones Lang LaSalle renamed 'JLL'
- Aldar raises synergy estimate from Sorouh merger
- UAE industrial property sector keeps up growth
- Dubai residential property prices up 26pc
- Majid Al Futtaim to build new mall in Dubai IMPZ
- 300 firms to take part in Dubai property forum