Bahrain Tender Board studying bids
Manama, November 2, 2010
A decision on who would be constructing the new interchange project at Mina Salman is expected to be made this month, sources have said.
The Tender Board is now evaluating bids for the multi-million dinar project after it emerged last month that Bahrain's Haji Hassan Group was the lowest bidder at BD31.46 million ($83.4 million).
Sources told our sister newspaper Gulf Daily News (GDN) that normally the lowest bidder would get the project but the bids needed to be evaluated before a final decision was taken.
The GDN earlier reported the Bahraini contracting giant bid more than BD1 million cheaper than the BD32.77 million bid by Indian company Afcons Infrastructure, according to the Bahrain Tender Board website.
The project, a part of the Strategic Roads Master Plan, is expected to improve traffic flow in the area and spell the end to bottlenecks on one of the country's main arteries.
Work is expected to begin early next year after the tender, launched in August, is formally awarded.
The project is scheduled for completion by August 2013.
The completion of the project will also mean non-stop, high-speed access from King Fahad Causeway to the Khalifa bin Salman Port, a Works Ministry official said.-TradeArabia News Service
More Construction & Real Estate Stories
- Indian group plans $300m Bahrain Bay investment
- Drake and Scull awards key supply contract
- FCC wins $702m Doha metro line contract
- SPF Realty sees Dubai project success
- Abu Dhabi set for big property show
- Aldar working on $1.5bn UAE housing projects
- Gulf Finance House to start $3bn Tunisia project
- Abu Dhabi to see 10pc surge in new homes
- Saudi construction sector booming on new contracts
- Emaar offers 330 apartments in MBR City
- Dubai Design District sees big demand
- HUGE DEAL: Arabtec inks $40bn Egypt housing project
- Galfar ex-CEO gets 15 years' jail over bribes
- $32m BFH car park work underway
- Bahrain awards $5.8m project tenders
- Spinneys to set up distribution centre at Kizad
- Dubai unveils $300m hitech 'green' city project
- Deyaar plans $245m Dubai complex
- IFA unveils $272m Dubai mixed-use project
- CBRE tops Fortune’s most admired firms list
- Kuwait's real estate sales hit $1.1bn in Jan
- Dubai RTA awards $27m roads contract
- Work to start on Bahrain beach project
- Damac launches luxury apartments at Expo site
- Kuwaitis top GCC property buyers in Oman
- Rubber World to showcase at Big 5 Saudi
- Tool to help create effective property listings
- 'Smart' move by Dubai Design District
- Drake unit wins $13m contract in India
- Solar-powered cleaning boats launched in Sharjah