MAF Dalkia wins Abu Dhabi mosque contract
Dubai, September 7, 2010
Dubai-based MAF Dalkia, a leader in delivering energy and facilities management service, has won a contract from Abu Dhabi government for maintenance of 412 mosques in the emirate and the Baniyas region.
MAF Dalkia is a joint venture between Majid Al Futtaim Group, which successfully introduced the concept of shopping malls and hypermarkets in the region, and Dalkia, a European leader in energy services.
The company signed a contract with Musanada, the facilities management and shared services arm of the Abu Dhabi government, in this regard.
The contract, which will run for a period of three years, is the first of its kind to be awarded by the Abu Dhabi government and will extend to several areas covering air-conditioning, plumbing and electro-mechanical maintenance, said a top official.
Alexandre Mussallam, CEO of MAF Dalkia, said: “Abu Dhabi is a key growth market for MAF Dalkia and such projects enable us to support members of the community through our services as well as the government.'
'We will deploy over 20 mobile teams to maintain these mosques, ensuring that they are always kept operating within appropriate conditions and maintained to best standards. All services will be supported by our 24/7 helpdesk and asset management system,' he stated.
Benefiting from the existing strong global presence of Dalkia and being a holder of the ISO 9001-2008 certificate – which ensures a high level of customer service and quality assurance – this contract reflects the high level of service and expertise which MAF Dalkia offers to their clients across its business portfolio.
MAF Dalkia provides a wide spectrum of facilities and energy management solutions, with the business portfolio cutting across several sectors: residential, office buildings, education & culture, retail hotel & leisure and healthcare.-TradeArabia News Service
More Construction & Real Estate Stories
- Drake and Scull awards key supply contract
- FCC wins $702m Doha metro line contract
- SPF Realty sees Dubai project success
- Abu Dhabi set for big property show
- Aldar working on $1.5bn UAE housing projects
- Gulf Finance House to start $3bn Tunisia project
- Abu Dhabi to see 10pc surge in new homes
- Saudi construction sector booming on new contracts
- Emaar offers 330 apartments in MBR City
- Dubai Design District sees big demand
- HUGE DEAL: Arabtec inks $40bn Egypt housing project
- Galfar ex-CEO gets 15 years' jail over bribes
- $32m BFH car park work underway
- Bahrain awards $5.8m project tenders
- Spinneys to set up distribution centre at Kizad
- Dubai unveils $300m hitech 'green' city project
- Deyaar plans $245m Dubai complex
- IFA unveils $272m Dubai mixed-use project
- CBRE tops Fortune’s most admired firms list
- Kuwait's real estate sales hit $1.1bn in Jan
- Dubai RTA awards $27m roads contract
- Work to start on Bahrain beach project
- Damac launches luxury apartments at Expo site
- Kuwaitis top GCC property buyers in Oman
- Rubber World to showcase at Big 5 Saudi
- Tool to help create effective property listings
- 'Smart' move by Dubai Design District
- Drake unit wins $13m contract in India
- Solar-powered cleaning boats launched in Sharjah
- $27m Expo Hotel Sharjah deal signed