Qualco hands over university project
Beirut, August 4, 2010
Quality Construction Company (Qualco), a leading construction and general contracting firm in Lebanon, handed over the latest phase of work on the Beirut Arab University project in Debbiyeh.
This campus is considered to be a major turning point for the company in developing university projects where Qualco completed the new campus' facilities during four stages of work, according to a statement.
Qualco’s work in Debbiyeh campus included the infrastructure of the campus counting the streets, a total of 9 kilometers sidewalks, electricity, telephone and lighting networks, a power station, a maintenance building, a gymnasium and a 15,000 sq m green soccer stadium.
“The Debbiyeh project was an opportunity for Qualco to stand out from the competition by joining the bid for the different projects the university planned for including the infrastructure of the campus in Debbiyeh, an area of more than one million sq metres,” said Elie Chidiac, general manager of Qualco.
“We were assigned to work on the project and we did implement it on schedule and in compliance with the required specifications.”
“The faculty of science project was challenging for us and thanks to our devoted team of experts, we were able to deliver this part of the project before the beginning of the academic year in 2009,” he added.
He also stressed on the social aspect of the BAU project in Debbiyeh since it is a new pillar of the urban and economic plan of the area and it also creates jobs and investment opportunities for the local community. – TradeArabia News Service
More Construction & Real Estate Stories
- Asian skyscraper prices tower over rest of the world
- Tamleek opens new office in Dubai
- $29m allocated for Bahrain drainage projects
- Indian group plans $300m Bahrain Bay investment
- Drake and Scull awards key supply contract
- FCC wins $702m Doha metro line contract
- SPF Realty sees Dubai project success
- Abu Dhabi set for big property show
- Aldar working on $1.5bn UAE housing projects
- Gulf Finance House to start $3bn Tunisia project
- Abu Dhabi to see 10pc surge in new homes
- Saudi construction sector booming on new contracts
- Emaar offers 330 apartments in MBR City
- Dubai Design District sees big demand
- HUGE DEAL: Arabtec inks $40bn Egypt housing project
- Galfar ex-CEO gets 15 years' jail over bribes
- $32m BFH car park work underway
- Bahrain awards $5.8m project tenders
- Spinneys to set up distribution centre at Kizad
- Dubai unveils $300m hitech 'green' city project
- Deyaar plans $245m Dubai complex
- IFA unveils $272m Dubai mixed-use project
- CBRE tops Fortune’s most admired firms list
- Kuwait's real estate sales hit $1.1bn in Jan
- Dubai RTA awards $27m roads contract
- Work to start on Bahrain beach project
- Damac launches luxury apartments at Expo site
- Kuwaitis top GCC property buyers in Oman
- Rubber World to showcase at Big 5 Saudi
- Tool to help create effective property listings