Qualco hands over university project
Beirut, August 4, 2010
Quality Construction Company (Qualco), a leading construction and general contracting firm in Lebanon, handed over the latest phase of work on the Beirut Arab University project in Debbiyeh.
This campus is considered to be a major turning point for the company in developing university projects where Qualco completed the new campus' facilities during four stages of work, according to a statement.
Qualco’s work in Debbiyeh campus included the infrastructure of the campus counting the streets, a total of 9 kilometers sidewalks, electricity, telephone and lighting networks, a power station, a maintenance building, a gymnasium and a 15,000 sq m green soccer stadium.
“The Debbiyeh project was an opportunity for Qualco to stand out from the competition by joining the bid for the different projects the university planned for including the infrastructure of the campus in Debbiyeh, an area of more than one million sq metres,” said Elie Chidiac, general manager of Qualco.
“We were assigned to work on the project and we did implement it on schedule and in compliance with the required specifications.”
“The faculty of science project was challenging for us and thanks to our devoted team of experts, we were able to deliver this part of the project before the beginning of the academic year in 2009,” he added.
He also stressed on the social aspect of the BAU project in Debbiyeh since it is a new pillar of the urban and economic plan of the area and it also creates jobs and investment opportunities for the local community. – TradeArabia News Service
More Construction & Real Estate Stories
- Sabic unveils green plastics for construction
- Arabtec appoints new chief risk officer
- 1,800 contracting workers in Bahrain end strike
- 200 Arabtec workers to be repatriated
- Abyaar announces Dubai project delivery
- Dar Al Arkan raises $450m from sukuk sale
- Arabtec workers end strike; dispute 'resolved'
- Bahrain launches project for 4,500 homes
- Qatari group unveils $823m giant mall project
- Tecom announces new operational structure