Bombardier wins $241m Saudi monorail contract
Riyadh, June 1, 2010
Bombardier's rail division has signed a $241 million contract to supply, install, operate and maintain its next generation Innovia Monorail System in Riyadh.
The 3.6-km monorail transit system for the King Abdullah Financial District will include six driverless Innovia Monorail 300 trains, for a total of 12 cars. Bombardier Transportation won the contract from Saudi Oger Limited, a leading Saudi Arabian construction company.
Saudi Oger Limited, as the contractor responsible for the full turnkey construction of the new monorail system, was awarded the contract by the Rayadah Investment Company, the investment vehicle of the Public Pension Agency of the Saudi government.
Engineering and design for the monorail vehicles will be centered at Bombardier’s site in Kingston, Canada, and manufacturing of the 12 cars will be carried out by the company in Pittsburgh, USA.
Together with Saudi Oger, Bombardier will also provide its branded Innovia O&M (operation and maintenance) services for the system for an initial period of 10 years.
Completion of the monorail system is scheduled for 2012.
“Our next generation Innovia Monorail 300 system combines service-proven driverless technology with the latest in wide-bodied, lightweight, aerodynamically styled monorail trains. They provide superior value and performance for demanding and sophisticated users,” said André Navarri, president and COO of Bombardier Transportation.-TradeArabia News Service
More Construction & Real Estate Stories
- Drake and Scull awards key supply contract
- FCC wins $702m Doha metro line contract
- SPF Realty sees Dubai project success
- Abu Dhabi set for big property show
- Aldar working on $1.5bn UAE housing projects
- Gulf Finance House to start $3bn Tunisia project
- Abu Dhabi to see 10pc surge in new homes
- Saudi construction sector booming on new contracts
- Emaar offers 330 apartments in MBR City
- Dubai Design District sees big demand
- HUGE DEAL: Arabtec inks $40bn Egypt housing project
- Galfar ex-CEO gets 15 years' jail over bribes
- $32m BFH car park work underway
- Bahrain awards $5.8m project tenders
- Spinneys to set up distribution centre at Kizad
- Dubai unveils $300m hitech 'green' city project
- Deyaar plans $245m Dubai complex
- IFA unveils $272m Dubai mixed-use project
- CBRE tops Fortune’s most admired firms list
- Kuwait's real estate sales hit $1.1bn in Jan
- Dubai RTA awards $27m roads contract
- Work to start on Bahrain beach project
- Damac launches luxury apartments at Expo site
- Kuwaitis top GCC property buyers in Oman
- Rubber World to showcase at Big 5 Saudi
- Tool to help create effective property listings
- 'Smart' move by Dubai Design District
- Drake unit wins $13m contract in India
- Solar-powered cleaning boats launched in Sharjah
- $27m Expo Hotel Sharjah deal signed