Liebherr delivers 7,500th used crane
Ehingen, February 8, 2010
Liebherr-Werk Ehingen, a Germany-based gloabl leader in the manufacturer of mobile cranes, recently delivered the 7,500th used crane since the founding of the firm.
Company partner Peter Käse and crane driver Uwe Schnura from the firm of Stahlbau Lang, a steel construction company, took charge of the five-year-old Liebherr LTM 1030/2 mobile crane directly at the production plant in Ehingen.
“Purchasing a used crane is not without risks,” said Peter Käse.
“That’s why we decided to buy direct from Liebherr. This means we have the security of the skill and competence of the manufacturer to rely on, with their own repair centre. It also means that we have an inspection carried out by Liebherr at the same time, and arrangements made for the issue of TÜV and UVV technical approvals."
Another important factor for Peter Käse in the decision to obtain a Liebherr mobile crane was the fast and reliable after-sales service and the high availability of spare parts from Liebherr.
Thirty years ago his company bought a new type LT 1030 mobile crane from Liebherr, which for three decades was able to cover most of the work. This unit is now being replaced by the LTM 1030/2, which, with its high lifting capacity and height under hook of about 40 metres, is ideally suited for the assembly work carried out at Lang Stahlbau.
Another advantage with Liebherr was the wide range of used cranes available, which meant that a crane could be found which was already in the Lang Stahlbau company colour.
All that was then needed was for the blue crane to be provided with the company logo, a service which Liebherr was able to provide at the same time.
As well as the markings and painting, and inspections and technical approvals, Liebherr also offers complete overhauls at the production plant. Liebherr is even in a position to offer used cranes of its own make with a guarantee, a service which only a manufacturer can provide.
Liebherr operates its own repair centres at the plant locations in Ehingen, in Oberhausen, and at Alt Bork near Berlin, as well as in many other countries in the worldwide Liebherr sales and service network, said a statement.
Liebherr markets hundreds of used cranes every year, and is a market leader in this sector as well, the statement added. – TradeArabia News Service
More Construction & Real Estate Stories
- Drake and Scull awards key supply contract
- FCC wins $702m Doha metro line contract
- SPF Realty sees Dubai project success
- Abu Dhabi set for big property show
- Aldar working on $1.5bn UAE housing projects
- Gulf Finance House to start $3bn Tunisia project
- Abu Dhabi to see 10pc surge in new homes
- Saudi construction sector booming on new contracts
- Emaar offers 330 apartments in MBR City
- Dubai Design District sees big demand
- HUGE DEAL: Arabtec inks $40bn Egypt housing project
- Galfar ex-CEO gets 15 years' jail over bribes
- $32m BFH car park work underway
- Bahrain awards $5.8m project tenders
- Spinneys to set up distribution centre at Kizad
- Dubai unveils $300m hitech 'green' city project
- Deyaar plans $245m Dubai complex
- IFA unveils $272m Dubai mixed-use project
- CBRE tops Fortune’s most admired firms list
- Kuwait's real estate sales hit $1.1bn in Jan
- Dubai RTA awards $27m roads contract
- Work to start on Bahrain beach project
- Damac launches luxury apartments at Expo site
- Kuwaitis top GCC property buyers in Oman
- Rubber World to showcase at Big 5 Saudi
- Tool to help create effective property listings
- 'Smart' move by Dubai Design District
- Drake unit wins $13m contract in India
- Solar-powered cleaning boats launched in Sharjah
- $27m Expo Hotel Sharjah deal signed