Damac Business Bay projects on track
Dubai, February 2, 2010
Luxury lifestyle developer Damac Properties said the enabling works at two of its developments - Commercial Square and Water’s Edge - in Business Bay were making good progress with the main contracts to be awarded in spring this year.
Commercial Square is a 21 storey office tower and Water’s Edge is a 20 storey commercial waterfront development at the heart of Business Bay.
The two developments are now under way with contractors already making good progress on shoring, fencing and ground clearance, said a Damac statement.
Contractors Zetas have already cleared much of the site in preparation for the main construction of Commercial Square.
Foundation works are now well advanced with the award for the main contract expected within the next few months. Similarly, teams from National Piling are on site at the company’s Water’s Edge development, said a top official.
Ziad El Chaar, general manager of Damac Properties, said the advancement of work at more Business Bay locations was further demonstration of the company’s continued commitment to construction and development plans for 2010.
Last year, Damac completed the structure at two of our other commercial projects at Business Bay – XL Tower and Business Tower. These are due to be completed in the first half of 2010.
“As we have a number of projects already well under way at Business Bay, we are pleased to see yet further strong progress in the early stages at another two of our developments,’ El Chaar observed.
'There is always a huge amount of preparation involved in any development but we know that for customers it is very important to see that physical construction work is progressing on site. The teams from Zetas and National Piling are working thoroughly and efficiently to ensure that the enabling works stage is completed on time.'
'Business Bay will form the new commercial heart of Dubai with its pristine offices, stylish towers and some of the city’s best amenities and transport links close at hand,' he added.
According to him, Damac's Commercial Square development encompasses a modern design and a striking angular configuration so it will fit in to the surroundings perfectly.
'At Water’s Edge, people will be able to enjoy some of the best views in the area and work in state of the art office environment.'
'It is a testament to our foresight and strategic planning that Damac Properties will be in a position to offer customers who want to settle in this vibrant and dynamic environment such a range of properties and options through its portfolio at Business Bay,' El Chaar noted.
Additionally, enabling works have been completed for other projects in Business Bay namely Capital Bay, Executive Bay and Park Central. The company expects to award main contracts for these developments shortly, he added.-TradeArabia News Service
More Construction & Real Estate Stories
- Bahrain awards $5.8m project tenders
- Spinneys to set up distribution centre at Kizad
- Dubai unveils $300m hitech 'green' city project
- Deyaar plans $245m Dubai complex
- IFA unveils $272m Dubai mixed-use project
- CBRE tops Fortune’s most admired firms list
- Kuwait's real estate sales hit $1.1bn in Jan
- Dubai RTA awards $27m roads contract
- Work to start on Bahrain beach project
- Damac launches luxury apartments at Expo site
- Kuwaitis top GCC property buyers in Oman
- Rubber World to showcase at Big 5 Saudi
- Tool to help create effective property listings
- 'Smart' move by Dubai Design District
- Drake unit wins $13m contract in India
- Solar-powered cleaning boats launched in Sharjah
- $27m Expo Hotel Sharjah deal signed
- Arabtec unit wins $282m Emaar contract
- Abu Dhabi to host pool & spa expo
- ADCM unit secures $213m bridging loan
- Cluttons Dubai launches new luxury apartments
- Dubai developer Damac profits triple to $641m
- Dubai to start work on $544m water canal
- Dubai property market can absorb 25,000 units
- Jones Lang LaSalle renamed 'JLL'
- Aldar raises synergy estimate from Sorouh merger
- UAE industrial property sector keeps up growth
- Dubai residential property prices up 26pc
- Majid Al Futtaim to build new mall in Dubai IMPZ
- 300 firms to take part in Dubai property forum