Burj Dubai readies for Jan 4 opening
Dubai, December 31, 2009
Final work on the many features surrounding Burj Dubai is fast nearing completion, as the world’s tallest tower gets ready for inauguration on January 4, 2010.
Members of the public will be able to watch the inauguration by Sheikh Mohammed Bin Rashid Al Maktoum, UAE Vice President & Prime Minister and Ruler of Dubai, from the adjacent Burj Park Island.
The 29,000 sq m park is set on Burj Dubai Lake and will be a new leisure attraction in Downtown Burj Dubai, the 500-acre mega project developed by Emaar Properties and anchored by Burj Dubai, the world’s tallest building.
Overlooking the waterfront promenade of The Dubai Mall, Burj Park Island also has a designated area for viewing The Dubai Fountain, and is landscaped with greenery and ample seating areas.
Visitors to the park on January 4 will be able to witness the inauguration ceremony of Burj Dubai by Sheikh Mohammed, from a special vantage point. The date also marks the fourth anniversary of the Accession Day of Sheikh Mohammed as the Ruler of Dubai.
The second section of Burj Dubai Lake has been filled - an area measuring 36,000 sq m and containing 47,000 cubic metres of water. The finishing touches to bridges linking the promenade to the park are also being applied.
Abdulla Lahej, executive director, Dubai Project Management, Emaar Properties, said that the addition of the new Burj Park Island will bring even more visitors to Downtown Burj Dubai.
“Downtown Burj Dubai is an integrated development of staggering proportions, and as each new facet of the project is completed, its tourist appeal becomes even greater,” Lahej said.
He added: “The opening of Dubai Mall and The Dubai Fountain, and the ongoing activities along Emaar Boulevard have all sustained extremely high visitor levels to the area. With the completion of Burj Park Island and Burj Dubai Lake, and with the inauguration of the tower itself, tourism to Downtown Burj Dubai is bound to set new records.”
Anticipated to be home to 135,000 people, Downtown Burj Dubai already has two shopping malls – The Dubai Mall and Souk Al Bahar; five hotels – The Address Downtown Burj Dubai, The Address Dubai Mall, The Palace – The Old Town, Al Manzil and Qamardeen; and a dedicated office complex – Emaar Square. – TradeArabia News Service
More Construction & Real Estate Stories
- Abu Dhabi set for big property show
- Aldar working on $1.5bn UAE housing projects
- Gulf Finance House to start $3bn Tunisia project
- Abu Dhabi to see 10pc surge in new homes
- Saudi construction sector booming on new contracts
- Emaar offers 330 apartments in MBR City
- Dubai Design District sees big demand
- HUGE DEAL: Arabtec inks $40bn Egypt housing project
- Galfar ex-CEO gets 15 years' jail over bribes
- $32m BFH car park work underway
- Bahrain awards $5.8m project tenders
- Spinneys to set up distribution centre at Kizad
- Dubai unveils $300m hitech 'green' city project
- Deyaar plans $245m Dubai complex
- IFA unveils $272m Dubai mixed-use project
- CBRE tops Fortune’s most admired firms list
- Kuwait's real estate sales hit $1.1bn in Jan
- Dubai RTA awards $27m roads contract
- Work to start on Bahrain beach project
- Damac launches luxury apartments at Expo site
- Kuwaitis top GCC property buyers in Oman
- Rubber World to showcase at Big 5 Saudi
- Tool to help create effective property listings
- 'Smart' move by Dubai Design District
- Drake unit wins $13m contract in India
- Solar-powered cleaning boats launched in Sharjah
- $27m Expo Hotel Sharjah deal signed
- Arabtec unit wins $282m Emaar contract
- Abu Dhabi to host pool & spa expo
- ADCM unit secures $213m bridging loan