P&T completes five years in Dubai
Dubai, January 22, 2009
P&T Architects and Engineers Ltd, a leading international multi-disciplinary firm employing over 1,500 staff around the world, has crossed two key milestones – completion of its fifth successful year in Dubai and its140th global anniversary.
P&T, rated 12th largest architectural group in the world, has been actively involved in the Middle East since 1998. Since establishing an office in Dubai in 2004, P&T oversees projects, such as the City of Arabia, one of the largest private development projects in the region and a key part of Dubailand, said an official spokesman.
In line with the company’s commitment to the Middle East region, P&T has actively pursued and continues to spearhead projects in the Emirates of Abu Dhabi, Dubai, Ajman and RAK and regionally in Bahrain, Qatar and the Kingdom of Saudi Arabia.
In the UAE, P&T continues to grow from strength to strength, with 110 employees in Dubai and an office of 25 in Abu Dhabi. There will be consolidation in growth this year due to the current economic downturn globally but P&T is committed to provide the best Architectural service in the region for many years to come.
“We are proud to offer innovative architectural design backed by international expertise and heritage as we continue to support growth developments in the Middle East. Playing an integral part in the development of key markets such as Hong Kong and China for nearly 140 years, we are committed to the Middle East in bringing our firm's expertise in urban architecture, structural engineering, project management and town planning,” said CEO, P&T Group in Hong Kong Nick Burns.
“We are excited about the projects that we are currently working on and look forward to continuously working with local client and overseas investors to support leading projects that will further elevate the Middle East as a developed economic hub.”
Combining a wealth of international experience with knowledge of local conditions and markets, P&T is able to offer a turnkey package to its regional clients through the combination of architectural, structural and mechanical electrical plumbing (MEP) services under one roof.
P&T brings a highly talented locally based team of creative and experienced professionals who work on a diverse range of products including landmark buildings and complex developments across the Middle East, backed by the full resources of the group in Asia.
P&T’s global headquarters is based Hong Kong. The origins of the firm which was formerly known as Palmer and Turner date back to 1868 when it was established in Hong Kong.
In 1982 the P&T Group was formed to enable expansion in both disciplines – architectural and structural and building services engineering. P&T is one of the largest and most well respected architectural and engineering consultants in the Far East and has been responsible for many landmark high-rise buildings. – TradeArabia News Service
More Construction & Real Estate Stories
- Abu Dhabi set for big property show
- Aldar working on $1.5bn UAE housing projects
- Gulf Finance House to start $3bn Tunisia project
- Abu Dhabi to see 10pc surge in new homes
- Saudi construction sector booming on new contracts
- Emaar offers 330 apartments in MBR City
- Dubai Design District sees big demand
- HUGE DEAL: Arabtec inks $40bn Egypt housing project
- Galfar ex-CEO gets 15 years' jail over bribes
- $32m BFH car park work underway
- Bahrain awards $5.8m project tenders
- Spinneys to set up distribution centre at Kizad
- Dubai unveils $300m hitech 'green' city project
- Deyaar plans $245m Dubai complex
- IFA unveils $272m Dubai mixed-use project
- CBRE tops Fortune’s most admired firms list
- Kuwait's real estate sales hit $1.1bn in Jan
- Dubai RTA awards $27m roads contract
- Work to start on Bahrain beach project
- Damac launches luxury apartments at Expo site
- Kuwaitis top GCC property buyers in Oman
- Rubber World to showcase at Big 5 Saudi
- Tool to help create effective property listings
- 'Smart' move by Dubai Design District
- Drake unit wins $13m contract in India
- Solar-powered cleaning boats launched in Sharjah
- $27m Expo Hotel Sharjah deal signed
- Arabtec unit wins $282m Emaar contract
- Abu Dhabi to host pool & spa expo
- ADCM unit secures $213m bridging loan