Oman invites bids for new airport at Duqm
Muscat, September 2, 2008
Oman has invited prequalification bids for the construction of its second international airport, which is expected to cost up to $200 million, a tender board official said.
"Bids are open for both local and international companies to build the airfield and infrastructure of the Duqm airport to international standards," the official told Reuters.
He said companies had until September 22 to submit bids.
Duqm will be Oman's second international airport after Muscat, the capital.
"It is difficult to say how much the airport would cost but the government has set aside a budget of around $100-$200 million for this project," he said.
Duqm is earmarked for major projects, including a refinery, a shipyard repair facility and tourist resorts. - Reuters
More Construction & Real Estate Stories
- Bahrain awards $5.8m project tenders
- Spinneys to set up distribution centre at Kizad
- Dubai unveils $300m hitech 'green' city project
- Deyaar plans $245m Dubai complex
- IFA unveils $272m Dubai mixed-use project
- CBRE tops Fortune’s most admired firms list
- Kuwait's real estate sales hit $1.1bn in Jan
- Dubai RTA awards $27m roads contract
- Work to start on Bahrain beach project
- Damac launches luxury apartments at Expo site
- Kuwaitis top GCC property buyers in Oman
- Rubber World to showcase at Big 5 Saudi
- Tool to help create effective property listings
- 'Smart' move by Dubai Design District
- Drake unit wins $13m contract in India
- Solar-powered cleaning boats launched in Sharjah
- $27m Expo Hotel Sharjah deal signed
- Arabtec unit wins $282m Emaar contract
- Abu Dhabi to host pool & spa expo
- ADCM unit secures $213m bridging loan
- Cluttons Dubai launches new luxury apartments
- Dubai developer Damac profits triple to $641m
- Dubai to start work on $544m water canal
- Dubai property market can absorb 25,000 units
- Jones Lang LaSalle renamed 'JLL'
- Aldar raises synergy estimate from Sorouh merger
- UAE industrial property sector keeps up growth
- Dubai residential property prices up 26pc
- Majid Al Futtaim to build new mall in Dubai IMPZ
- 300 firms to take part in Dubai property forum