Energy Central in Marina West sewage plant deal
Manama, August 31, 2008
Energy Central Company (ECCO) has signed a MoU with Marina West to build, own, operate, design and transfer a sewage treatment plant for the Bahrain’s first and unique gated high rise residential beachfront community.
The sewage treatment plant will process an average sewage discharge of 2,000 cubic meters daily.
Khalil Issa, ECCO chief executive officer and Mahmood Janahi, managing director, Marina West Real Estate Company signed the agreement at recent ceremony.
Under the agreement, Energy Central will design, finance, procure, operate and maintain the sewage treatment facility plus relevant infrastructure for the Marina West Development required supporting the utility service.
Bahrain’s iconic new residential development on the Kingdom’s west coast, Marina West is a community that offers high end boutiques, trendy cafes, waterfront restaurants and leisure opportunities with the whole family in mind, said a company official.
It boasts a private sandy beach, health club facilities, playground area, tennis courts, and lagoon shaped pools.
It is a stunning architectural concept that comprises eleven high rise towers, including a grand five star hotel, that encloses a marina, offering unrivaled scenic views of the sea and landscaping of the 75,000 sq m community.-TradeArabia News Service
More Construction & Real Estate Stories
- Depa names new board directors
- Work to start on new Bahrain social centre
- Indian developer to open Dubai office
- 50 firms to showcase at Cityscape Riyadh
- Kaloti breaks ground on Dubai gold refinery
- New power station for Bahrain hospital
- Al Hamra Village wins top mixed-use award
- Schön sees business park project on track
- Kuwaiti developer starts Dubai tower work
- Asteco appointed agent for Dubai tower