New Liebherr crane boosts mall work
Dubai, June 10, 2008
Work on the prestigious Dubai Mall has been speeded up with the recent delivery of Liebherr’s LTM 1300-6.1 mobile crane.
One of the world’s largest shopping and entertainment malls with a total internal floor area of 548,127 sqm, Dubai Mall is set to open in August.
A fleet of Liebherr mobile cranes, including the LTM 1300-6.1, which is the largest crane operating at the site, are lifting and positioning the final structural elements for the mall.
With an internal area equivalent to 50 football pitches, the mall will have more than 1,200 stores with two anchor department stores and 120 food and beverage outlets.
Key attractions will include one of the world’s largest aquariums at 12 metres high, featuring a glass ‘walk-through’ tunnel; the world’s largest indoor gold suq with 220 retailers; an Olympic-size ice rink; the Middle East’s first Galeries Lafayette department store; and the Grove, an indoor–outdoor streetscape with a fully retractable roof.
Throughout the construction, a number of Liebherr mobile cranes have been used from the rental fleets of Al Mutawa, Al Faris Equipment Rentals and Sarilar International.
Liebherr’s LTM 1300-6.1 telescopic mobile crane, largest in Al Mutawa’s rental fleet, features a 60m main boom, a 42m fly jib, a 70m lifting job with a maximum lift capacity of 300t and a six-axle configuration. - TradeArabia News Service
More Construction & Real Estate Stories
- Dubai wins Expo 2020 with HOK masterplan
- UAE property group to invest $54m in Turkey
- Industrial facility rents up in Abu Dhabi
- DB Schenker breaks ground on new Dubai facility
- Arabtec inks $1.2bn UAE hospital contract
- Oman invites bids for key airport project
- Spanish group wins $105m Kuwait cable deal
- Swicorp plans $266m Saudi property fund
- Atkins to supervise $600m project in Oman
- Damac raises $348m in London share sale