Lights on at Durrat Al Bahrain
Manama, March 30, 2008
Durrat Al Bahrain, the Kingdom’s largest planned luxury residential, commercial and tourist resort development, today announced it has switched on the lighting for one of its islands for the first time as part of the testing of the infrastructure.
The Islands are the feature piece of what is Bahrain’s most inspiring development. Designed in two circular rows of 11 islands, The Islands carve an exquisite green necklace across the graceful, blue waters of the Gulf, creating a unique feature of the $6 billion island-based community.
In total, 1,043 luxury villas are being constructed on The Islands, offering a range of contemporary lifestyle options from five bed villas with beach front vistas to exclusive modern single storey villas located in the centre of The Islands.
The Island’s public area lighting consists of 1,743 modern styled street lamps as well as 7,385 low level lighting lamps to enable better visibility for residents at night. The lighting system has been specially designed to offer contemporary looking and effective lighting across the various areas of the island, including the public roads, parks, lakes and beach fronts. Lighting has also been switched on across the bridge which connects the island to the mainland.
Jassim Al Jawder, CEO of Durrat Al Bahrain, said: “The lighting of our first island is another important step in the progress of Durrat Al Bahrain. We can now see and feel how our islands will look to our home owners at night. We have invested a lot of time and effort in ensuring that we have lighting systems that will provide effective lighting across all of the public areas of The Islands for all of our residents.
“From our test lighting today, we can see that this effort has paid off, as the lighting helps to create a well-lit and safe environment, which also shows off the community elements of The Islands, such as the parks, lakes and beachfronts. This will add to the overall quality of life that our residents will experience as they live their contemporary, urban lifestyles on islands set in the Bahraini sea.”
Set in the azure waters of south Bahrain, Durrat Al Bahrain will offer The Islands, 11 islands of luxury residential villas, gardens and beaches in an enchanting setting offering a sanctuary of peace and tranquillity. In addition, The Crescent will be the urban hub of Durrat Al Bahrain.
Residents, businesses and visitors will not only be able to live island lifestyles, but they will also benefit from The Golf Course, an 18-hole golf course designed by Ernie Els, the world-renowned golf champion. - TradeArabia News Service
More Construction & Real Estate Stories
- Work to start on Bahrain beach project
- Damac launches luxury apartments at Expo site
- Kuwaitis top GCC property buyers in Oman
- Rubber World to showcase at Big 5 Saudi
- Tool to help create effective property listings
- 'Smart' move by Dubai Design District
- Drake unit wins $13m contract in India
- Solar-powered cleaning boats launched in Sharjah
- $27m Expo Hotel Sharjah deal signed
- Arabtec unit wins $282m Emaar contract
- Abu Dhabi to host pool & spa expo
- ADCM unit secures $213m bridging loan
- Cluttons Dubai launches new luxury apartments
- Dubai developer Damac profits triple to $641m
- Dubai to start work on $544m water canal
- Dubai property market can absorb 25,000 units
- Jones Lang LaSalle renamed 'JLL'
- Aldar raises synergy estimate from Sorouh merger
- UAE industrial property sector keeps up growth
- Dubai residential property prices up 26pc
- Majid Al Futtaim to build new mall in Dubai IMPZ
- 300 firms to take part in Dubai property forum
- Naseej inks deal to develop Bahrain projects
- Dadabhai unveils new residential project
- Flowcrete completes Dubai Mall project
- Global asphalt demand hits new high
- $1.3bn infrastructure investment firm set up in Saudi
- Manara sees big project villa success
- Global giants eye RAK utility projects
- Cayan partners with international artist Zsuzsanna