Lights on at Durrat Al Bahrain
Manama, March 30, 2008
Durrat Al Bahrain on Sunday announced it has switched on the lighting for one of 'The Islands' for the first time as part of the testing of the infrastructure serving the island city resort.
Durrat Al Bahrain is the Kingdom’s largest planned luxury residential, commercial and tourist resort development.
The Islands are the feature piece of what is Bahrain’s most inspiring development, said a company official.
"Designed in two circular rows of 11 islands, The Islands carve an exquisite green necklace across the graceful, blue waters of the Gulf, creating a unique feature of the $6 billion island-based community," said Jassim Al Jawder, CEO of Durrat Al Bahrain.
"In total, 1043 luxury villas are being constructed on The Islands, offering a range of contemporary lifestyle options from five bed villas with beach front vistas to exclusive modern single storey villas located in the centre of The Islands."
The Island’s public area lighting consists of 1,743 modern styled street lamps as well as 7,385 low level lighting lamps to enable better visibility for residents at night, he noted.
"The lighting system has been specially designed to offer contemporary looking and effective lighting across the various areas of the island, including the public roads, parks, lakes and beach fronts. Lighting has also been switched on across the bridge which connects the island to the mainland," Al Jawder explained.
He said the lighting of 'our first Island' was another important step in the progress of Durrat Al Bahrain.
"We can now see and feel how our Islands will look to our home owners at night. We have invested a lot of time and effort in ensuring that we have lighting systems that will provide effective lighting across all of the public areas of The Islands for all of our residents."
"From our test lighting today, we can see that this effort has paid off, as the lighting helps to create a well-lit and safe environment, which also shows off the community elements of The Islands, such as the parks, lakes and beachfronts. This will add to the overall quality of life that our residents will experience as they live their contemporary, urban lifestyles on islands set in the Bahraini sea," Al Jawder added.
Set in the azure waters of south Bahrain, Durrat Al Bahrain will offer The Islands, 11 islands of luxury residential villas, gardens and beaches in an enchanting setting offering a sanctuary of peace and tranquillity.
In addition, The Crescent will be the urban hub of Durrat Al Bahrain, where residents and visitors will be able to lose themselves in a vibrant, cosmopolitan world of sensational dining experiences and exclusive designer shopping, right in the heart of Durrat Al Bahrain.
Residents, businesses and visitors will not only be able to live island lifestyles, but they will also benefit from The Golf Course, an 18 hole golf course designed by Ernie Els, the world-renowned golf champion.
The Golf Course will comprise a challenging course, a club house, a driving range, a luxury hotel complex and 1400 stylishly designed luxury residential villas and apartments arranged around landscaped waterways.
In partnership with Tameer, Durrat Khaleej Al Bahrain will also offer The Marina, one of the region’s leading marinas covering 700,000 sqm and offering 400 berths in a stunning location across three islands.
Residents and visitors will be able to sail, jet-ski, cruise on a motor boat or simply soak up the quay-side activity.-TradeArabia News Service
More Construction & Real Estate Stories
- Gulf Finance House to start $3bn Tunisia project
- Abu Dhabi to see 10pc surge in new homes
- Saudi construction sector booming on new contracts
- Emaar offers 330 apartments in MBR City
- Dubai Design District sees big demand
- HUGE DEAL: Arabtec inks $40bn Egypt housing project
- Galfar ex-CEO gets 15 years' jail over bribes
- $32m BFH car park work underway
- Bahrain awards $5.8m project tenders
- Spinneys to set up distribution centre at Kizad
- Dubai unveils $300m hitech 'green' city project
- Deyaar plans $245m Dubai complex
- IFA unveils $272m Dubai mixed-use project
- CBRE tops Fortune’s most admired firms list
- Kuwait's real estate sales hit $1.1bn in Jan
- Dubai RTA awards $27m roads contract
- Work to start on Bahrain beach project
- Damac launches luxury apartments at Expo site
- Kuwaitis top GCC property buyers in Oman
- Rubber World to showcase at Big 5 Saudi
- Tool to help create effective property listings
- 'Smart' move by Dubai Design District
- Drake unit wins $13m contract in India
- Solar-powered cleaning boats launched in Sharjah
- $27m Expo Hotel Sharjah deal signed
- Arabtec unit wins $282m Emaar contract
- Abu Dhabi to host pool & spa expo
- ADCM unit secures $213m bridging loan
- Cluttons Dubai launches new luxury apartments
- Dubai developer Damac profits triple to $641m