Conmex to focus on construction sector
Dubai, November 3, 2007
The second edition of Conmex will cater to the regional construction sector's growing demand for machinery, equipment, vehicles, attachments and spares.
The event will be held at Expo Centre Sharjah from November 5 to 8.
With over $1 trillion worth of projects currently underway in the GCC states and another $150 billion in the pipeline, the regional construction sector is at an all time high.
UAE, Kuwait, Qatar, and Bahrain are among the GCC States that are at present in the midst of a construction frenzy and also have several major infrastructure projects lined up for the coming years.
In other parts of the Middle East too, the construction sector has been experiencing unparalleled growth. Among the countries in the region where there is significant spending at present on infrastructure and other projects are Iran and Iraq.
Whereas the total value of construction projects in Iran has reached $97 billion, in Iraq it is to the tune of $27 billion.
The major causes for the sharp and continued upswing in the regional construction sector in the last few years may be attributed to skyrocketing oil prices, substantial inflow of capital due to the availability of attractive business opportunities, liberal government policies, stable markets, and easy access to financial and other related facilities.
The boom in the Middle East construction sector has given rise to a massive demand for construction machinery, equipment, vehicles, attachments and spares. In fact, the annual market demand just for used construction machinery and equipment in the Middle East exceeds Dhs5 billion ($1.3 billion).
"The Middle East construction sector is currently experiencing phenomenal growth," said advisor to chairman and board of directors of Expo Centre Sharjah Fasahat Ali Khan.
"The growth in the sector has led to massive demand for construction related products and technologies. CONMEX is the region's most comprehensive sourcing platform that exclusively caters to the Middle East construction sector's requirements of construction machinery, equipment, vehicles, attachments and spares," he added.
This year's Conmex will be occupying a total exhibition area of 31,000 sq. m. including 15,000 sq. m. of outdoor space.
It will host more than 280 brands from 23 countries including UK, UAE, Australia, China, Korea, Japan, Taiwan (ROC), Italy, Germany, Russia, Slovenia, India, Hong Kong, Singapore, USA, Spain, Turkey, Saudi Arabia, Romania, Belgium, Ireland and Iran.- TradeArabia News Service
More Construction & Real Estate Stories
- Tamleek opens new office in Dubai
- $29m allocated for Bahrain drainage projects
- Indian group plans $300m Bahrain Bay investment
- Drake and Scull awards key supply contract
- FCC wins $702m Doha metro line contract
- SPF Realty sees Dubai project success
- Abu Dhabi set for big property show
- Aldar working on $1.5bn UAE housing projects
- Gulf Finance House to start $3bn Tunisia project
- Abu Dhabi to see 10pc surge in new homes
- Saudi construction sector booming on new contracts
- Emaar offers 330 apartments in MBR City
- Dubai Design District sees big demand
- HUGE DEAL: Arabtec inks $40bn Egypt housing project
- Galfar ex-CEO gets 15 years' jail over bribes
- $32m BFH car park work underway
- Bahrain awards $5.8m project tenders
- Spinneys to set up distribution centre at Kizad
- Dubai unveils $300m hitech 'green' city project
- Deyaar plans $245m Dubai complex
- IFA unveils $272m Dubai mixed-use project
- CBRE tops Fortune’s most admired firms list
- Kuwait's real estate sales hit $1.1bn in Jan
- Dubai RTA awards $27m roads contract
- Work to start on Bahrain beach project
- Damac launches luxury apartments at Expo site
- Kuwaitis top GCC property buyers in Oman
- Rubber World to showcase at Big 5 Saudi
- Tool to help create effective property listings
- 'Smart' move by Dubai Design District