Hochtief denies report it won Qatar contracts
Frankfurt, October 30, 2007
German builder Hochtief said it is still negotiating contracts involving a $2 billion road as well as properties in Qatar, denying a report it has won the two contracts already.
The company so far has only won a bid to plan, rather than construct, commercial and residential buildings along an avenue in the Barwa City development in the Qatari capital Doha, a spokesman for the builder said on Monday.
The Middle East Economic Digest had reported earlier that the German construction firm won the contract to build shops, offices and residential buildings along the avenue in the Barwa City development from Qatar's Barwa Real Estate.
MEED had also said that Hochtief was selected as part of a consortium to build the estimated $2 billion, 45 km-long causeway linking Qatar to the island kingdom of Bahrain.
A consortium led by Qatari Diar and French construction firm Vinci had signed a preliminary agreement to build the bridge between Qatar and Bahrain, Qatar's QNA news agency had reported on Sept 30.
According to MEED, the other consortium members are Athens-based Consolidated Contractors International Company, and Belgium's Dredging International and the local Qatar Dredging Company. Reuters
More Construction & Real Estate Stories
- AECOM wins $148m Doha Expressway contract
- Top Indian property firm plans Bahrain foray
- Pacific Ventures names brand ambassador
- Chesterton to unveil prime London properties
- Indian Property Show 2013 to be ‘biggest ever’
- Alwaleed eyes world's big cities for mile-high tower
- Cluttons seals tenancy deal with Durrat
- Masdar launches wind farm in Seychelles
- Drake & Scull mulls dual listing in Saudi
- APR Energy wins biggest Libya power contract