EIIB-Rasmala launches trade finance fund
Dubai, November 19, 2013
EIIB-Rasmala, a leading investment banking and asset management group in the GCC, has launched its Rasmala Trade Finance Fund.
It follows a series of new fund launches this year, including the Rasmala Global Sukuk Fund, the Rasmala Leasing Fund and the Rasmala GCC Islamic Equity Income Fund.
EIIB-Rasmala comprises the AIM-listed European Islamic Investment Bank and UAE-based Rasmala Group.
Eric Swats, head of asset management, said: “Our latest fund will cater to the increasing demand for low risk, income-orientated Sharia-compliant investment products. The Rasmala Trade Finance Fund will provide investors with a low-risk alternative investment opportunity to obtain attractive and stable returns.”
The Rasmala Trade Finance Fund offers a diversified portfolio of trade finance transactions exposed to different geographies, industry groups and individual companies in order to lower exposure to rising interest rates.
The fund will obtain enhanced investment returns from assets that can often be undervalued due to lack of recognition of their intrinsic payment capabilities. The overall strategy of the fund is expected to provide it with a means to achieve global diversification in both the primary and secondary trade finance markets. - TradeArabia News Service
More Finance & Capital Market Stories
- KFH-Bahrain rebrands priority banking
- Bank Nizwa wins top Islamic bank award
- Qatar labour costs may jump: IMF
- Kuwait Q3 trade surplus hits $23bn
- Dubai trade growth up 7.6pc to $362bn
- Deloitte appoints new managing director
- Al Ramz tops UAE trading in Feb
- IFC in $150m loan deal with Bank Audi
- SME funding focus for Abu Dhabi forum
- Insurance House posts second year of profit
- ETF global assets hit record $2.44 trillion
- Bahrain firms plan IPOs
- Serbia wins $1bn Abu Dhabi loan
- Key equity banker resigns from Saudi Fransi
- DMCC to boost Islamic commodity trade with tie-ups
- IDB, KIA units to invest in Morocco
- First Gulf to set up $1bn sukuk in Malaysia
- Singapore’s UOB Bullion and Futures joins DGCX
- Infrastructure investment ‘key to growth’
- BKIC declares 30pc dividend
- StanChart profit falls 16pc in 2013
- Veteran Saudi banker to head AMF
- Dubai World prepays $284m to creditors
- EFG-Hermes sells Damas stake to Mannai
- Ultra rich number to grow 35pc in Mideast
- Saudi IPO market 'set for big year'
- RAK 'exploring' ceramics unit stake sale
- Bahrain Bourse wins key UK award
- Alba backs Euromoney forum
- URC bond rating upgraded to stable outlook