UNB net profit down 15pc in Q3
Abu Dhabi, November 1, 2013
Abu Dhabi's Union National Bank missed analysts' forecasts yesterday, reporting a 14.7 percent drop in third- quarter profit due to lower interest income and higher loan impairments.
The lender, jointly owned by the governments of Abu Dhabi and Dubai, said it had a net profit of 450.26 million dirhams ($122.7 million) in the third quarter to Sept. 30, down from 528.24 million dirhams in the prior-year period.
Analysts in a Reuters poll had forecast on average a profit of 502.42 million dirhams.
Net profit for the first nine months of this year fell to 1.44 billion dirhams from 1.47 billion dirhams in the prior-year period.
Impairment losses on financial assets during the quarter were 137.8 million dirhams versus 86 million dirhams a year ago.
Loans and advances grew to 60.6 billion dirhams at end-September, up 7.7 percent year-on-year, while customer deposits totalled 64.3 billion dirhams, up 16.3 percent. – Reuters
More Finance & Capital Market Stories
- Insurance House posts second year of profit
- ETF global assets hit record $2.44 trillion
- Bahrain firms plan IPOs
- Serbia wins $1bn Abu Dhabi loan
- Key equity banker resigns from Saudi Fransi
- DMCC to boost Islamic commodity trade with tie-ups
- IDB, KIA units to invest in Morocco
- First Gulf to set up $1bn sukuk in Malaysia
- Singapore’s UOB Bullion and Futures joins DGCX
- Infrastructure investment ‘key to growth’
- BKIC declares 30pc dividend
- StanChart profit falls 16pc in 2013
- Veteran Saudi banker to head AMF
- Dubai World prepays $284m to creditors
- EFG-Hermes sells Damas stake to Mannai
- Ultra rich number to grow 35pc in Mideast
- Saudi IPO market 'set for big year'
- RAK 'exploring' ceramics unit stake sale
- Bahrain Bourse wins key UK award
- Alba backs Euromoney forum
- URC bond rating upgraded to stable outlook
- GCC urged to set up onshore financial centres
- Consolidation push paying off for Bahrain banks
- Mubadala to focus more on US, Europe
- Six banks join plan for shared customer data register
- UAE economy grows 4pc in 2013
- Egypt foreign reserves up to $17.3bn
- StanChart opens second branch in Iraq
- Oil below $90 to hit GCC economies
- Payfort offers zero deposit scheme to SMEs