Mashreq, Air Arabia in credit card tieup
Dubai, October 23, 2013
UAE-based Mashreq bank said it has joined hands with leading budget carrier Air Arabia to launch the country's best “spend anywhere, fly anytime” credit card.
The new 'Mashreq Air Arabia Visa platinum' credit card addresses the needs of today’s frequent traveller through a unique suite of rewards, discounts, savings and conveniences, brought together to give the cardholder more value than ever before.
Announcing the launch, Nimish Dwivedi, the head of payments at Mashreq said, "Travellers today want a seamless, hassle-free, travel experience. Whether it’s on-demand ticket-booking, check-in convenience, extra baggage allowances or in-flight meals, they want the complete package and that’s just what the card is designed to provide."
"Now, our customers can look forward to a card that not only fulfills their requirements but also exceeds it. Travelling couldn’t be more convenient and more rewarding," he noted.
Through the unique Air Arabia Dirham program, the card provides the fastest route to earning and redeeming rewards; customers can earn Dirhams on card activation and for every purchase - no slabs or tiers applicable. They also receive 50 per cent more Dirhams for purchases at Air Arabia and bonuses on reaching specific spend milestones.
Redemption too has never been easier; the cardholder’s Dirhams can be redeemed for free Air Arabia tickets to over 80 destinations at any time with no date restrictions, said Dwivedi.
The card benefits also include bigger savings in the form of complimentary in-flight meal and excess baggage vouchers and comprehensive protection with free, built-in travel insurance, purchase protection and wallet protection.
Rohit Ramachandran, the head of sales at Air Arabia, said: "The new card offers a fresh range of useful and value-added benefits that customers can utilize while travelling or during any purchase they make. We are confident that the new card will best serve our customers’ needs and provide them with the opportunity to benefit from earning and redeeming various rewards."
The launch is accompanied by several exciting offers including a flat 10 per cent discount on air-fare to any destination and complimentary "Quick Check-in" at Sharjah International Airport for outbound travel till November 30.
Marcello Baricordi, the general manager for UAE and Global Accounts Lead at Visa, said this new co-brand credit card provides account holders with rewards that are particularly focused on frequent flyers and gives them access to a host of international features including special offers that are accessible 24 hours a day worldwide.
"Also, the credit card is equipped with EMV chip and pin solutions, providing customers a secure way to access funds both at home and abroad," he added.-TradeArabia News Service
More Finance & Capital Market Stories
- Bahrain firms plan IPOs
- Serbia wins $1bn Abu Dhabi loan
- Key equity banker resigns from Saudi Fransi
- DMCC to boost Islamic commodity trade with tie-ups
- IDB, KIA units to invest in Morocco
- First Gulf to set up $1bn sukuk in Malaysia
- Singapore’s UOB Bullion and Futures joins DGCX
- Infrastructure investment ‘key to growth’
- BKIC declares 30pc dividend
- StanChart profit falls 16pc in 2013
- Veteran Saudi banker to head AMF
- Dubai World prepays $284m to creditors
- EFG-Hermes sells Damas stake to Mannai
- Ultra rich number to grow 35pc in Mideast
- Saudi IPO market 'set for big year'
- RAK 'exploring' ceramics unit stake sale
- Bahrain Bourse wins key UK award
- Alba backs Euromoney forum
- URC bond rating upgraded to stable outlook
- GCC urged to set up onshore financial centres
- Consolidation push paying off for Bahrain banks
- Mubadala to focus more on US, Europe
- Six banks join plan for shared customer data register
- UAE economy grows 4pc in 2013
- Egypt foreign reserves up to $17.3bn
- StanChart opens second branch in Iraq
- Oil below $90 to hit GCC economies
- Payfort offers zero deposit scheme to SMEs
- In a first, NCB Capital names female CEO
- Du enters $1.17 billion financing deals