Oman's Galfar raises $34.5m in rights issue
Muscat, October 17, 2013
Galfar Engineering, a major construction company in Oman, said a rights issue to buy new shares was 96 per cent subscribed, raising 13.29 million rials ($34.5 million).
The company had offered 49.50 million shares at 0.28 rials per share to existing holders, and received subscriptions for 47.47 million. Before the rights issue, Galfar Engineering had 330 million issued shares.
The stock last traded at 0.316 rials on Oman's stock exchange. The company said money raised by the rights issue would strengthen its balance sheet and support its growth.-Reuters
More Finance & Capital Market Stories
- Dubai inflation hits 4-year high in Nov
- New guidelines for Islamic banks, Takaful
- ADS to enter UK in 2014, starts pricing yuan
- Citadel cuts net loss as regional unrest eases
- Saudi inflation edges up to 3.1pc y/y in Nov
- Kuwait's Investment Dar reaches key debt agreement
- Banks on alert over ATM fraud
- Bahrain's economy bounces back on positive outlook
- Mena inbound M&A value triples to $3.9bn
- DFM opens educational trading floor at varsity