Top business award for BBK
Manama, October 13, 2013
Bahrain bank BBK said it was honoured with a BIZZ 2013 Award by the World Confederation of Businesses (WorldCob) at a ceremony held in Dubai.
WorldCob is a leading business organisation based in Houston, Texas, dedicated to fostering the development and growth of more than 3,000 companies from 90 countries.
BBK had won the award in the inspirational category, for "demonstrating its pioneering position in the market, supported by its strategy to inspire and motivate internally and externally," said the bank in its statement.
The award was presented to BBK chief executive Abdulkarim Bucheery during an event at Atlantis The Palm, Dubai.
"Once again, BBK has witnessed another moment of triumph," remarked Bucheery after receiving the honour.
"We are proud to be recognised for the achievements that we have built over the years and the success has been the result of solid foundations, innovation and business leadership," he stated.
The award not only recognises BBK as a world business leader but also its leaders who are behind the success of the bank.
As such the bank's board of directors have been awarded as "world leader businessperson" and the executive management members have been recognised in the "excellence in business" category.
With the winning of the BIZZ Award BBK has become a member of WorldCob alongside many other top companies in more than 80 countries.-TradeArabia News Service
More Finance & Capital Market Stories
- Motivation 'is crucial for growth'
- Islamic banking ‘sustainable way forward’
- Top Swiss group acquires Merrill Mideast units
- AAIB unit starts crisis assistance travel service
- Abu Dhabi may need to lower industry growth target
- Kuwait credit hits 5-year high; tops $1.3bn
- UAE stocks rally, Abu Dhabi tops 4,000 mark
- Abraaj completes 15 exits in 2013
- Barwa gets top HSE certifications
- Egypt's forex reserves dip to $17.8bn in Nov