Top business award for BBK
Manama, October 13, 2013
Bahrain bank BBK said it was honoured with a BIZZ 2013 Award by the World Confederation of Businesses (WorldCob) at a ceremony held in Dubai.
WorldCob is a leading business organisation based in Houston, Texas, dedicated to fostering the development and growth of more than 3,000 companies from 90 countries.
BBK had won the award in the inspirational category, for "demonstrating its pioneering position in the market, supported by its strategy to inspire and motivate internally and externally," said the bank in its statement.
The award was presented to BBK chief executive Abdulkarim Bucheery during an event at Atlantis The Palm, Dubai.
"Once again, BBK has witnessed another moment of triumph," remarked Bucheery after receiving the honour.
"We are proud to be recognised for the achievements that we have built over the years and the success has been the result of solid foundations, innovation and business leadership," he stated.
The award not only recognises BBK as a world business leader but also its leaders who are behind the success of the bank.
As such the bank's board of directors have been awarded as "world leader businessperson" and the executive management members have been recognised in the "excellence in business" category.
With the winning of the BIZZ Award BBK has become a member of WorldCob alongside many other top companies in more than 80 countries.-TradeArabia News Service
More Finance & Capital Market Stories
- Bahrain firms plan IPOs
- Serbia wins $1bn Abu Dhabi loan
- Key equity banker resigns from Saudi Fransi
- DMCC to boost Islamic commodity trade with tie-ups
- IDB, KIA units to invest in Morocco
- First Gulf to set up $1bn sukuk in Malaysia
- Singapore’s UOB Bullion and Futures joins DGCX
- Infrastructure investment ‘key to growth’
- BKIC declares 30pc dividend
- StanChart profit falls 16pc in 2013
- Veteran Saudi banker to head AMF
- Dubai World prepays $284m to creditors
- EFG-Hermes sells Damas stake to Mannai
- Ultra rich number to grow 35pc in Mideast
- Saudi IPO market 'set for big year'
- RAK 'exploring' ceramics unit stake sale
- Bahrain Bourse wins key UK award
- Alba backs Euromoney forum
- URC bond rating upgraded to stable outlook
- GCC urged to set up onshore financial centres
- Consolidation push paying off for Bahrain banks
- Mubadala to focus more on US, Europe
- Six banks join plan for shared customer data register
- UAE economy grows 4pc in 2013
- Egypt foreign reserves up to $17.3bn
- StanChart opens second branch in Iraq
- Oil below $90 to hit GCC economies
- Payfort offers zero deposit scheme to SMEs
- In a first, NCB Capital names female CEO
- Du enters $1.17 billion financing deals