DGCX wins top industry awards
Dubai, October 2, 2013
Dubai Gold and Commodities Exchange (DGCX) has won two international industry awards from Futures & Options World (FOW), a leading global derivative magazine.
DGCX was named as ‘Emerging Exchange of the Year’ in Asia for 2013 and its EOS Trader platform was also named the year’s ‘Best Technology Innovation by an Exchange’. The awards were presented at a ceremony held in Singapore recently.
FOW’s ‘Emerging Exchange of the Year’ award is given to an exchange in an Asian emerging market that demonstrates ‘tangible innovation and growth.’
The ‘Best Technology Innovation’ recognised the innovation the exchange demonstrated in implementing an advanced EOS trading platform in response to the needs of its member community. It was also named the runner-up in the category of Asian Exchange of the Year.
Gary Anderson, CEO, said: “We are honoured to receive these prestigious awards for 2013, which was a significant year in the growth and evolution of the exchange.
“Over the first half of this year, we made a strong push to diversify our product portfolio and asset classes with unique new products like Copper, Sensex and Mini-Indian Rupee Futures. At the same time, we introduced a new advanced technology infrastructure to enhance trading speed, capacity and functionality for our members.” - TradeArabia News Service
More Finance & Capital Market Stories
- Experts put spotlight on Mena tax issues
- BMI, Muharraq SC launch co-branded credit card
- NBAD partners with top business school
- Dubai non-oil trade surges 10pc to $272bn
- Iran president targets stagflation in first budget
- DFM accredits 2 firms for margin trading
- Kuwait inflation plunges to nine-year low
- DFM trading hit by technical fault
- GCC firms seek Egypt investment guarantee
- Qatar c.bank plans $1.1bn in bonds, sukuk