KFH wins Kuwaitization award
Kuwait, October 2, 2013
Kuwait Finance House (KFH) recently received an award for Kuwaitization from the GCC ministers of labour and social affairs on the sideline of a recent forum that was held in Manama.
Human Resources and Public Services general manager Zeyad Al-Omar said that the development and recruitment of young Kuwaiti employees is an ongoing strategy and that the Kuwaitization of the industry of Islamic banking in Kuwait and the region is occurring on a wide scale.
He added that previous Kuwaiti generations have now become leaders working at most Islamic financial corporations in the region and worldwide.
Al-Omar asserted that KFH managed to spearhead the field of Islamic banking, and cement its cornerstones in local and global markets. He went on to say that KFH has also succeeded in creating skillful Kuwaiti employees that are capable of developing this industry; thus being an added value to the society and the national economy.
He revealed that KFH is known among economic bodies, that it is the pioneer of Islamic banking, not to mention being dubbed as the Harvard of Islamic banks.
Al-Omar received the award from the Bahraini Minister of Labour Jameel Humaidan. Al-Omar mentioned that KFH grants its Kuwaiti employees the opportunity to receive Masters and PhD degrees from overseas universities through sponsoring them, since KFH firmly believes in investing in its employees.
Moreover, he noted that KFH tends to rely on Kuwaiti employees in its overseas expansions, where it hires Kuwaiti youths to work at the banks that KFH establishes; thus allowing them to gain more experience in various fields of work and markets.
He mentioned that KFH offers an attractive and enriching work environment, since the employees work at various fields, such as real estate, international investment, direct investment, banking, and retail and corporate finance. – TradeArabia News Service
More Finance & Capital Market Stories
- Qatar sets up mixed business incubator
- Kuwait budget spending up 8pc in April-Jan
- Thomson Reuters to host Mena IFR awards
- ADIB offers smartphone industry investment
- Gulf Finance House to start $3bn Tunisia project
- KFH completes ICT project upgrade
- Egypt urban annual inflation slows to 9.8pc
- BIBF signs deal with Palestinian institute
- Bahrain’s GDP set to expand 12pc
- KFH-Bahrain rebrands priority banking
- Bank Nizwa wins top Islamic bank award
- Qatar labour costs may jump: IMF
- Kuwait Q3 trade surplus hits $23bn
- Dubai trade growth up 7.6pc to $362bn
- Deloitte appoints new managing director
- Al Ramz tops UAE trading in Feb
- IFC in $150m loan deal with Bank Audi
- SME funding focus for Abu Dhabi forum
- Insurance House posts second year of profit
- ETF global assets hit record $2.44 trillion
- Bahrain firms plan IPOs
- Serbia wins $1bn Abu Dhabi loan
- Key equity banker resigns from Saudi Fransi
- DMCC to boost Islamic commodity trade with tie-ups
- IDB, KIA units to invest in Morocco
- First Gulf to set up $1bn sukuk in Malaysia
- Singapore’s UOB Bullion and Futures joins DGCX
- Infrastructure investment ‘key to growth’
- BKIC declares 30pc dividend
- StanChart profit falls 16pc in 2013