DFM accredits Mena Corp for margin trading
Dubai, October 1, 2013
Dubai Financial Market (DFM) has accredited the Abu Dhabi-based investment bank ‘Mena Corp Financial Services’ to provide margin trading.
This has lifted the total number of brokerage firms in DFM, providing this service to eight companies.
The exchange is currently processing similar applications from other brokerage firms in collaboration with the Securities and Commodities Authority (SCA), said a statement.
Margin trading permits brokerage companies to fund a percentage of the market value of securities traded, and secure as collateral for the same securities or any other collateral as required by the SCA’s license, it said. - TradeArabia News Service
More Finance & Capital Market Stories
- Experts put spotlight on Mena tax issues
- BMI, Muharraq SC launch co-branded credit card
- NBAD partners with top business school
- Dubai non-oil trade surges 10pc to $272bn
- Iran president targets stagflation in first budget
- DFM accredits 2 firms for margin trading
- Kuwait inflation plunges to nine-year low
- DFM trading hit by technical fault
- GCC firms seek Egypt investment guarantee
- Qatar c.bank plans $1.1bn in bonds, sukuk