Kuwait inflation eases to 2.5pc in Aug
Kuwait, September 28, 2013
Kuwait's inflation slowed to a 2.5 per cent year-on-year (y/y) in August, down from 3.1 per cent the previous year, according to the state news agency KUNA.
The prices of food and beverages, which account for over 18 per cent of the consumer basket, rose 5.2 per cent from a year earlier and 0.5 per cent month-on-month.
Analysts polled by Reuters in April predicted average inflation of 3.5 per cent in 2013, up from 3.3 per cent last year.-Reuters
More Finance & Capital Market Stories
- Dubai inflation hits 4-year high in Nov
- New guidelines for Islamic banks, Takaful
- ADS to enter UK in 2014, starts pricing yuan
- Citadel cuts net loss as regional unrest eases
- Saudi inflation edges up to 3.1pc y/y in Nov
- Kuwait's Investment Dar reaches key debt agreement
- Banks on alert over ATM fraud
- Bahrain's economy bounces back on positive outlook
- Mena inbound M&A value triples to $3.9bn
- DFM opens educational trading floor at varsity