NBAD wins top financial excellence award
Abu Dhabi, September 25, 2013
The National Bank of Abu Dhabi (NBAD), has won the prestigious Sheikh Khalifa Excellence Award- Diamond Category affirming the bank’s position as a leader in the financial industry.
Sheikh Hamed bin Zayed Al Nahyan, chairman of Abu Dhabi Crown Prince's Court presented the award to Nasser Ahmed Khalifa Alsowaidi, chairman of NBAD.
“We are proud to win this prominent and coveted award. Winning the Sheikh Khalifa Excellence Award is a valuable recognition of the many exceptional accomplishments and contributions that NBAD has made to the development of not only NBAD but the financial services industry,” said Alex Thursby, group chief executive officer of NBAD.
“The Sheikh Khalifa Excellence Award is an effective gauge of distinction and merit. The Bank’s successes have distinguished NBAD as the leading bank and company.”
Thursby added: “The UAE sits at the heart of West-East Corridor and NBAD’s strategy is to gain a leading role in this space to promote the interest of Abu Dhabi and the UAE in this vital and rising super-region.”
NBAD’s many achievements and successes that were considered for the award included the bank’s annual Global Financial Markets Forum; its risk management framework that has made NBAD one of the world’s 50 safest banks and the safest bank in the Middle East; NBAD i-Trade, an example of NBAD’s innovative products to create value for clients; Nafura secure online channel for corporate clients and NBAD’s partnership with the UAE Ministry of Finance to create E-Dirham payment system.
“Excellence is an on-going journey and it is about putting best practice into action to benefit our customers and our stakeholders,” said Thursby.
“We will continue to utilise the SKEA Diamond Award excellence framework as the springboard for further improvements to create great value for our customers,” he added. – TradeArabia News Service
More Finance & Capital Market Stories
- Qatar sets up mixed business incubator
- Kuwait budget spending up 8pc in April-Jan
- Thomson Reuters to host Mena IFR awards
- ADIB offers smartphone industry investment
- Gulf Finance House to start $3bn Tunisia project
- KFH completes ICT project upgrade
- Egypt urban annual inflation slows to 9.8pc
- BIBF signs deal with Palestinian institute
- Bahrain’s GDP set to expand 12pc
- KFH-Bahrain rebrands priority banking
- Bank Nizwa wins top Islamic bank award
- Qatar labour costs may jump: IMF
- Kuwait Q3 trade surplus hits $23bn
- Dubai trade growth up 7.6pc to $362bn
- Deloitte appoints new managing director
- Al Ramz tops UAE trading in Feb
- IFC in $150m loan deal with Bank Audi
- SME funding focus for Abu Dhabi forum
- Insurance House posts second year of profit
- ETF global assets hit record $2.44 trillion
- Bahrain firms plan IPOs
- Serbia wins $1bn Abu Dhabi loan
- Key equity banker resigns from Saudi Fransi
- DMCC to boost Islamic commodity trade with tie-ups
- IDB, KIA units to invest in Morocco
- First Gulf to set up $1bn sukuk in Malaysia
- Singapore’s UOB Bullion and Futures joins DGCX
- Infrastructure investment ‘key to growth’
- BKIC declares 30pc dividend
- StanChart profit falls 16pc in 2013