Bahrain to boost efficiency of investors centre
Manama, September 24, 2013
Bahrain Industry and Commerce Minister Dr Hassan Fakhro has announced that manpower reinforcements are being implemented in the Bahrain Investors Centre to enhance work competency.
The centre will also function on Saturdays.
This is being done to accommodate the ever-increasing number of applicants and meet the requirements of investors under one roof, reported the Gulf Daily News, our sister publication.
On an average, 2,500 company registrations are done at the centre annually.
The minister who chaired the 19th meeting of Procedure Facilitation Committee also affirmed the ministry's plans to develop systems and procedures to facilitate the applications of investors and applicants for commercial registers, individual licences and major companies and organisations.
The minister highlighted that the ministry is ready to study all proposals and opinions that could enhance operations at the centre.
The meeting also reviewed the latest development on the "BLIS" commercial registration system, in which its phases, budget and benefits to the commercial sector were highlighted.
The programme aims at facilitating e-registration of companies and organisations, link all concerned bodies and offer transparent information.-TradeArabia News Service
More Finance & Capital Market Stories
- Qatar sets up mixed business incubator
- Kuwait budget spending up 8pc in April-Jan
- Thomson Reuters to host Mena IFR awards
- ADIB offers smartphone industry investment
- Gulf Finance House to start $3bn Tunisia project
- KFH completes ICT project upgrade
- Egypt urban annual inflation slows to 9.8pc
- BIBF signs deal with Palestinian institute
- Bahrain’s GDP set to expand 12pc
- KFH-Bahrain rebrands priority banking
- Bank Nizwa wins top Islamic bank award
- Qatar labour costs may jump: IMF
- Kuwait Q3 trade surplus hits $23bn
- Dubai trade growth up 7.6pc to $362bn
- Deloitte appoints new managing director
- Al Ramz tops UAE trading in Feb
- IFC in $150m loan deal with Bank Audi
- SME funding focus for Abu Dhabi forum
- Insurance House posts second year of profit
- ETF global assets hit record $2.44 trillion
- Bahrain firms plan IPOs
- Serbia wins $1bn Abu Dhabi loan
- Key equity banker resigns from Saudi Fransi
- DMCC to boost Islamic commodity trade with tie-ups
- IDB, KIA units to invest in Morocco
- First Gulf to set up $1bn sukuk in Malaysia
- Singapore’s UOB Bullion and Futures joins DGCX
- Infrastructure investment ‘key to growth’
- BKIC declares 30pc dividend
- StanChart profit falls 16pc in 2013