Kamal bin Ahmed
Bahrain EDB supports professional liability forum
Manama, September 23, 2013
Bahrain’s Economic Development Board has been announced as strategic partner for the first professional liability insurance forum to be held on October 21 and 22.
The forum, to be hosted by the General Arab Insurance Federation (Gaif) in association with the Bahrain Insurance Association (BIA), will bring both international and regional insurers to engage with cross sector users of insurance products and services.
It will explore the importance of professional liability insurance and its role in business continuity and the protection of a company's assets - both financial and human.
The forum will engage business leaders in a high-level discussion across industry sectors and the innovative solutions available for mitigating and managing them in today’s increasingly challenging business and economic climate.
It will look at the in-depth needs of a number of select professions including banking, finance, the medical field and various other professional services.
Kamal bin Ahmed, Minister of Transportation and Acting CE of the EDB, said, “We are proud that Bahrain has been chosen as the host country and the EDB the strategic partner for Professional Liability Insurance Forum, the first event of its kind in the region.”
Younis Jamal Al Sayed, chairman of the BIA, said: "With the EDB's ongoing efforts to promote the insurance sector in Bahrain, among other key industries, and their knowledge of and contacts with top tier international insurers, their support will go a long way towards ensuring the success of the forum and the attraction of high-calibre providers and users of professional risk products and solutions." - TradeArabia News Service
More Finance & Capital Market Stories
- KFH-Bahrain rebrands priority banking
- Bank Nizwa wins top Islamic bank award
- Qatar labour costs may jump: IMF
- Kuwait Q3 trade surplus hits $23bn
- Dubai trade growth up 7.6pc to $362bn
- Deloitte appoints new managing director
- Al Ramz tops UAE trading in Feb
- IFC in $150m loan deal with Bank Audi
- SME funding focus for Abu Dhabi forum
- Insurance House posts second year of profit
- ETF global assets hit record $2.44 trillion
- Bahrain firms plan IPOs
- Serbia wins $1bn Abu Dhabi loan
- Key equity banker resigns from Saudi Fransi
- DMCC to boost Islamic commodity trade with tie-ups
- IDB, KIA units to invest in Morocco
- First Gulf to set up $1bn sukuk in Malaysia
- Singapore’s UOB Bullion and Futures joins DGCX
- Infrastructure investment ‘key to growth’
- BKIC declares 30pc dividend
- StanChart profit falls 16pc in 2013
- Veteran Saudi banker to head AMF
- Dubai World prepays $284m to creditors
- EFG-Hermes sells Damas stake to Mannai
- Ultra rich number to grow 35pc in Mideast
- Saudi IPO market 'set for big year'
- RAK 'exploring' ceramics unit stake sale
- Bahrain Bourse wins key UK award
- Alba backs Euromoney forum
- URC bond rating upgraded to stable outlook