MTI wins project to support Palestine economy
Manama, September 22, 2013
Bahrain-based MTI Consulting and their associates in Palestine have won the USAID/DAI project to carry out an economic feasibility study for sludge and the stone industry covering West Bank and Gaza.
MTI will execute this assignment in association with Expoworks plus, an associate of MTI in Palestine and IMM Carrara, an Italian firm recognised in the international stone industry, which will provide the necessary technical expertise.
"This project would assess solutions to the sludge problem in the stone sector, in a staged approach, to support the transformation of the industry. Finding solutions for ‘dry sludge’ that comes out of filter presses by creating new products is one way to help this industry grow economically,” said MTI's Palestine based Associate Suleiman Mashriqi of Expoworksplus.
“This will contribute to the overall strategy of increasing investments, employment and creating competitive new products and business opportunities that could be targeted in local and international markets,” he added. - TradeArabia News Service
More Finance & Capital Market Stories
- Oman fiscal surplus widens to $1.4bn
- Al khaliji opens new branch in Doha
- Bayzat launches online DBR calculator
- Dubai bourse tops 3,000 for first time in 5 years
- Bahrain mulls solvency rules for Takaful industry
- LuLu Exchange opens 3rd branch in Bahrain
- Saudi economic growth picks up in Q3
- GIH picks ex-Barclays banker as investment head
- Jeddah Economic Company names new CEO
- Saudi real GDP growth surges to 3.1pc in Q3