Qatar trade surplus widens to $9bn in July
Doha, September 12, 2013
Qatar foreign trade surplus widened to QR32.9 billion ($9 billion) in July from QR32.1 billion in June, preliminary Statistics Authority data showed on Wednesday.
The exports of petroleum gases and other gaseous hydrocarbons fell 6.7 per cent year-on-year to QR25.7 billion in July.
Analysts polled by Reuters in April expected Qatar's current account surplus of 25.5 per cent of GDP in 2013 and 20 per cent in 2014.-Reuters
More Finance & Capital Market Stories
- Egypt urban inflation hits 4-year high in Nov
- Adib honoured for SME support services
- Saudi rallies ahead of 2014 budget speech
- Qatari oil, gas to have limited impact on GDP growth
- Xerox Emirates, Asseco offer banking solutions
- Omani bank rolls out home finance products
- NBAD steps up hiring ahead of Expo boom
- Acuma names new UAE head
- Qatar says no plans to issue international debt in 2014
- Motivation 'is crucial for growth'