Bahrain’s $923m govt bonds oversubscribed
Manama, September 11, 2013
The Central Bank of Bahrain (CBB) has announced that the issue of the 7.5-year government development bonds worth BD350 million ($923 million) has been oversubscribed by 125 per cent.
Subscriptions worth BD438 million ($1.15 billion) were received for the issue, the bank said.
The expected interest rate on the issue, which begins on 12 September 2013 and matures on 12 March 2021, is 5.50 per cent.
The Government Development Bond are issued by the CBB on behalf of the Government of Bahrain. – TradeArabia News Service
More Finance & Capital Market Stories
- Experts put spotlight on Mena tax issues
- BMI, Muharraq SC launch co-branded credit card
- NBAD partners with top business school
- Dubai non-oil trade surges 10pc to $272bn
- Iran president targets stagflation in first budget
- DFM accredits 2 firms for margin trading
- Kuwait inflation plunges to nine-year low
- DFM trading hit by technical fault
- GCC firms seek Egypt investment guarantee
- Qatar c.bank plans $1.1bn in bonds, sukuk