ActivTrades to take part in Dubai, Doha expos
London, September 5, 2013
ActivTrades, a British company specialised in providing trading services in foreign exchange markets, is set to participate at trading expos in Doha and Dubai.
The expos are the first International Exhibition for E-trading and Forex in Qatar being held in Doha on September 5 and 6 and the Mena 12th Forex show to be held in Dubai on November 14 and 15.
George El Batrouni, the Middle East director in ActivTrades, said: "This participation comes in light of ActivTrades’ keenness on always communicating with its clients in general, and in the Arab Gulf countries in particular.
"The GCC investor managed over the past years to develop and raise the level of his/her investment consciousness, thus, his/her investment requirements have increased, which made it necessary to communicate with him/her constantly to provide him with the services that are up to his requirements."
The number of investors in the foreign exchange markets, Forex, has been increasing dramatically over the past years because of its facilities and the flexibility in terms of trading periods, said a statement.
The latest statistics issued by the Bank of International Settlement showed that the daily trading volume on the foreign currency has surpassed $4 trillion in 2010 and up to 20 per cent from what it was in 2007 and numbers that are to be announced in September are expected to have increased massively in the past three years.
This increase in trading volumes on currencies was due to the technological development that was witnessed in the foreign exchange market and the increasing number of investors from the Middle East and North Africa in particular. - TradeArabia News Service
More Finance & Capital Market Stories
- Kuwait GDP growth to hit 3.5pc in 2014
- Gulf shares tumble over EM exposure cut
- GCC bonds to gain from macro-economic climate
- French Business Council Dubai members up 18pc
- Egypt economy growth seen less strong than thought
- Sharjah approves $4.2bn budget for 2014
- Saudi non-oil sector posts solid growth in Feb
- Seera total income rises to $34m
- NBAD approves 40pc cash dividends
- NBAD sees 8-10pc loan growth
- Al Basel Group launches investment arm
- Union Insurance posts $18m profit
- Oman warns banks on conflicts of interest
- Japan to lend Tunisia $480m
- 400 to join anti-laundering seminar in Riyadh
- Lebanese insurer to head Prague Club
- UAE's first REIT plans $135m IPO
- Bahrain banking industry outlook 'positive'
- New India Assurance opens Bahrain branch
- Qatar sets up mixed business incubator
- Kuwait budget spending up 8pc in April-Jan
- Thomson Reuters to host Mena IFR awards
- ADIB offers smartphone industry investment
- Gulf Finance House to start $3bn Tunisia project
- KFH completes ICT project upgrade
- Egypt urban annual inflation slows to 9.8pc
- BIBF signs deal with Palestinian institute
- Bahrain’s GDP set to expand 12pc
- KFH-Bahrain rebrands priority banking
- Bank Nizwa wins top Islamic bank award