United Arab Bank names retail head
Sharjah, September 4, 2013
United Arab Bank (UAB), a leading bank in the UAE, has appointed Tony Graham as head of Retail Banking.
Graham has over 15 years’ experience as an international banker. Prior to his appointment, he was head of Contact Centre for HSBC Canada and earlier headed the retail banking businesses for HSBC Middle East in Qatar and Lebanon.
Graham’s responsibilities during prior roles in retail banking included wealth management, bancassurance, mortgages, cards, loyalty programs, marketing, business strategy and people management.
Paul Trowbridge, CEO, United Arab Bank said, “UAB has made major strides in the retail banking segment in the UAE over the past few years especially and we are confident that with his wealth of experience in retail banking Tony will build on that success and take us a whole new level in our journey of growth.”
Tom Smith, who previously headed the division, will move to establish the new Consumer Finance unit.
Graham said: “I am delighted to be here in the UAE, one of the most dynamic economies in the world, and especially at United Arab Bank, which has demonstrated phenomenal growth during the past four years and collected an enviable list of industry accolades during that time.”
“We are the fastest growing bank in the UAE, the top ranked domestic retail bank in the Middle East and are a recognized leader in Emiratisation, mortgage origination and customer service.” – TradeArabia News Service
More Finance & Capital Market Stories
- NBAD approves 40pc cash dividends
- NBAD sees 8-10pc loan growth
- Al Basel Group launches investment arm
- Union Insurance posts $18m profit
- Oman warns banks on conflicts of interest
- Japan to lend Tunisia $480m
- 400 to join anti-laundering seminar in Riyadh
- Lebanese insurer to head Prague Club
- UAE's first REIT plans $135m IPO
- Bahrain banking industry outlook 'positive'
- New India Assurance opens Bahrain branch
- Qatar sets up mixed business incubator
- Kuwait budget spending up 8pc in April-Jan
- Thomson Reuters to host Mena IFR awards
- ADIB offers smartphone industry investment
- Gulf Finance House to start $3bn Tunisia project
- KFH completes ICT project upgrade
- Egypt urban annual inflation slows to 9.8pc
- BIBF signs deal with Palestinian institute
- Bahrain’s GDP set to expand 12pc
- KFH-Bahrain rebrands priority banking
- Bank Nizwa wins top Islamic bank award
- Qatar labour costs may jump: IMF
- Kuwait Q3 trade surplus hits $23bn
- Dubai trade growth up 7.6pc to $362bn
- Deloitte appoints new managing director
- Al Ramz tops UAE trading in Feb
- IFC in $150m loan deal with Bank Audi
- SME funding focus for Abu Dhabi forum
- Insurance House posts second year of profit