United Arab Bank names retail head
Sharjah, September 4, 2013
United Arab Bank (UAB), a leading bank in the UAE, has appointed Tony Graham as head of Retail Banking.
Graham has over 15 years’ experience as an international banker. Prior to his appointment, he was head of Contact Centre for HSBC Canada and earlier headed the retail banking businesses for HSBC Middle East in Qatar and Lebanon.
Graham’s responsibilities during prior roles in retail banking included wealth management, bancassurance, mortgages, cards, loyalty programs, marketing, business strategy and people management.
Paul Trowbridge, CEO, United Arab Bank said, “UAB has made major strides in the retail banking segment in the UAE over the past few years especially and we are confident that with his wealth of experience in retail banking Tony will build on that success and take us a whole new level in our journey of growth.”
Tom Smith, who previously headed the division, will move to establish the new Consumer Finance unit.
Graham said: “I am delighted to be here in the UAE, one of the most dynamic economies in the world, and especially at United Arab Bank, which has demonstrated phenomenal growth during the past four years and collected an enviable list of industry accolades during that time.”
“We are the fastest growing bank in the UAE, the top ranked domestic retail bank in the Middle East and are a recognized leader in Emiratisation, mortgage origination and customer service.” – TradeArabia News Service
More Finance & Capital Market Stories
- Qatar c.bank plans $1.1bn in bonds, sukuk
- More support for Islamic banking urged
- Bahrain to set new takaful rules by year-end
- Oman fiscal surplus widens to $1.4bn
- Al khaliji opens new branch in Doha
- Bayzat launches online DBR calculator
- Dubai bourse tops 3,000 for first time in 5 years
- Bahrain mulls solvency rules for Takaful industry
- LuLu Exchange opens 3rd branch in Bahrain
- Saudi economic growth picks up in Q3