MasterCard launches Priceless campaign in Mena
Dubai, September 1, 2013
MasterCard has announced the official launch of its Priceless Arabia campaign, which brings the global Priceless Cities program to the Mena region for the first time.
The campaign recognises and celebrates the entire region, thus building on the global destinations strategy for the first time since its inception in 2011.
Priceless Arabia will give cardholders unique experiences in one of the world’s most diverse and exciting regions, a statement said.
Travel, attractions, sports, dining, shopping and entertainment are at the heart of the campaign, and cardholders can avail exclusive offers and experiences in the UAE, Saudi Arabia, Qatar, Egypt, Jordan, Oman, Lebanon, Morocco, Kuwait and Bahrain.
“With its rich cultural heritage and booming tourism and travel sector, the Middle East is the ideal market to introduce our latest Priceless Cities campaign, which stresses the importance of memorable experiences rather than material things,” said Raghu Malhotra, division president, Mena, MasterCard.
“The Arab region shares many commonalities among its diverse population with its common language, cultural similarities and high interregional travel habits.
“It is these similarities that inspired us to develop MasterCard’s first ever region-wide Priceless Arabia campaign as a natural evolution of the global Priceless Cities program that we have launched in other markets. This region will remain a strategic focus for MasterCard and as the program develops we will be creating even more priceless opportunities for both residents and overseas visitors,” he added.
“We are delighted to introduce the Priceless Cities platform to our regional consumers, whose loyalty and engagement were the main motivation behind our initiative. This rollout demonstrates our continuous efforts to align ourselves with local audiences, and showcases our strong support to one of the world’s most iconic regions,” said Eslam Darwish, Head of Marketing, Middle East and Africa, MasterCard.
“We are working closely with our local partners to further the region’s reputation as a global destination by creating unique experiences for residents and tourists. At MasterCard, we have always believed that experiences are more important than material things and our cardholders can now make their experience in Arabia even more Priceless,” he added.
Priceless Arabia is part of MasterCard’s Priceless Cities platform, which was initiated in New York City in July 2011. This campaign will be extended to the African region with the objective of eventually connecting Priceless consumer experiences across the globe. – TradeArabia News Service
More Finance & Capital Market Stories
- Kuwait budget spending up 8pc in April-Jan
- Thomson Reuters to host Mena IFR awards
- ADIB offers smartphone industry investment
- Gulf Finance House to start $3bn Tunisia project
- KFH completes ICT project upgrade
- Egypt urban annual inflation slows to 9.8pc
- BIBF signs deal with Palestinian institute
- Bahrain’s GDP set to expand 12pc
- KFH-Bahrain rebrands priority banking
- Bank Nizwa wins top Islamic bank award
- Qatar labour costs may jump: IMF
- Kuwait Q3 trade surplus hits $23bn
- Dubai trade growth up 7.6pc to $362bn
- Deloitte appoints new managing director
- Al Ramz tops UAE trading in Feb
- IFC in $150m loan deal with Bank Audi
- SME funding focus for Abu Dhabi forum
- Insurance House posts second year of profit
- ETF global assets hit record $2.44 trillion
- Bahrain firms plan IPOs
- Serbia wins $1bn Abu Dhabi loan
- Key equity banker resigns from Saudi Fransi
- DMCC to boost Islamic commodity trade with tie-ups
- IDB, KIA units to invest in Morocco
- First Gulf to set up $1bn sukuk in Malaysia
- Singapore’s UOB Bullion and Futures joins DGCX
- Infrastructure investment ‘key to growth’
- BKIC declares 30pc dividend
- StanChart profit falls 16pc in 2013
- Veteran Saudi banker to head AMF