Delta Partners to invest $25m into Cash Credit
Dubai, August 29, 2013
Dubai-based Delta Partners Emerging Markets TMT Growth Fund II is set to invest up to $25 million into Cash Credit and its affiliates, a Bulgaria-based provider of micro-financial services via mobile operators.
Cash Credit, which began operations in early 2012, is a consumer finance company that partners with mobile network operators to offer micro financial services to mobile subscribers. The company uses an innovative, proprietary credit scoring approach to offer consumers rapid credit decisions, with convenient service and billing through their partner operators.
Delta Capital, based in Dubai, is the investment arm of Delta Partners Group, the leading emerging markets-focused telecoms, media, and technology advisory and investment firm.
Geoffrey D Fink, managing partner of Delta Capital, said: "Cash Credit is one of the most exciting companies we have identified globally in the rapidly-growing mobile financial services sector. We believe that mobile network operators worldwide will want to capture the opportunity to conveniently offer micro-financial services to their subscribers.
“Cash Credit's proven track record of working with the two largest mobile operators in Bulgaria and its unique intellectual property and know-how in this domain make it the ideal partner for the provision of such services. We look forward to using our knowledge of the telecoms sector to actively assist Cash Credit in its plans for international expansion."
The fund's capital will be used to fund the further growth and international expansion of Cash Credit. - TradeArabia News Service
More Finance & Capital Market Stories
- KFH-Bahrain rebrands priority banking
- Bank Nizwa wins top Islamic bank award
- Qatar labour costs may jump: IMF
- Kuwait Q3 trade surplus hits $23bn
- Dubai trade growth up 7.6pc to $362bn
- Deloitte appoints new managing director
- Al Ramz tops UAE trading in Feb
- IFC in $150m loan deal with Bank Audi
- SME funding focus for Abu Dhabi forum
- Insurance House posts second year of profit
- ETF global assets hit record $2.44 trillion
- Bahrain firms plan IPOs
- Serbia wins $1bn Abu Dhabi loan
- Key equity banker resigns from Saudi Fransi
- DMCC to boost Islamic commodity trade with tie-ups
- IDB, KIA units to invest in Morocco
- First Gulf to set up $1bn sukuk in Malaysia
- Singapore’s UOB Bullion and Futures joins DGCX
- Infrastructure investment ‘key to growth’
- BKIC declares 30pc dividend
- StanChart profit falls 16pc in 2013
- Veteran Saudi banker to head AMF
- Dubai World prepays $284m to creditors
- EFG-Hermes sells Damas stake to Mannai
- Ultra rich number to grow 35pc in Mideast
- Saudi IPO market 'set for big year'
- RAK 'exploring' ceramics unit stake sale
- Bahrain Bourse wins key UK award
- Alba backs Euromoney forum
- URC bond rating upgraded to stable outlook