BBK appoints key official for Dubai office
Manama, August 29, 2013
The Bank of Bahrain and Kuwait (BBK) has appointed Ali Ehsan Abbas as its new chief representative for Dubai office.
Effective from Sunday, Abbas will take over the position from C K Jaidev, who in turn will become assistant general manager for overseas banking in Bahrain, according to a report in the Gulf Daily News, our sister publication.
Abbas has over eight years of experience in the corporate banking division.
The bank said the announcement was in line with the new organisational structure annou-nced lately.
"BBK has always capitalised on the competencies and leadership skills of Bahrainis and given them opportunities in leading positions to take the bank forward," chief executive AbdulKarim Ahmed Bucheery said.
"We are very pleased with the new appointment and confident that it will ultimately benefit all stakeholders.
"With the appointment of Mr Ehsan we would like to continue with our Dubai representative office strategy which aims to maintain the credit volume and quality in the portfolio and seizes promising opportunities in the market to develop business," he added. – TradeArabia News Service
More Finance & Capital Market Stories
- Mena inbound M&A value triples to $3.9bn
- DFM opens educational trading floor at varsity
- Egypt urban inflation hits 4-year high in Nov
- Adib honoured for SME support services
- Saudi rallies ahead of 2014 budget speech
- Qatari oil, gas to have limited impact on GDP growth
- Xerox Emirates, Asseco offer banking solutions
- Omani bank rolls out home finance products
- NBAD steps up hiring ahead of Expo boom
- Acuma names new UAE head