BBK appoints key official for Dubai office
Manama, August 29, 2013
The Bank of Bahrain and Kuwait (BBK) has appointed Ali Ehsan Abbas as its new chief representative for Dubai office.
Effective from Sunday, Abbas will take over the position from C K Jaidev, who in turn will become assistant general manager for overseas banking in Bahrain, according to a report in the Gulf Daily News, our sister publication.
Abbas has over eight years of experience in the corporate banking division.
The bank said the announcement was in line with the new organisational structure annou-nced lately.
"BBK has always capitalised on the competencies and leadership skills of Bahrainis and given them opportunities in leading positions to take the bank forward," chief executive AbdulKarim Ahmed Bucheery said.
"We are very pleased with the new appointment and confident that it will ultimately benefit all stakeholders.
"With the appointment of Mr Ehsan we would like to continue with our Dubai representative office strategy which aims to maintain the credit volume and quality in the portfolio and seizes promising opportunities in the market to develop business," he added. – TradeArabia News Service
More Finance & Capital Market Stories
- Seera total income rises to $34m
- NBAD approves 40pc cash dividends
- NBAD sees 8-10pc loan growth
- Al Basel Group launches investment arm
- Union Insurance posts $18m profit
- Oman warns banks on conflicts of interest
- Japan to lend Tunisia $480m
- 400 to join anti-laundering seminar in Riyadh
- Lebanese insurer to head Prague Club
- UAE's first REIT plans $135m IPO
- Bahrain banking industry outlook 'positive'
- New India Assurance opens Bahrain branch
- Qatar sets up mixed business incubator
- Kuwait budget spending up 8pc in April-Jan
- Thomson Reuters to host Mena IFR awards
- ADIB offers smartphone industry investment
- Gulf Finance House to start $3bn Tunisia project
- KFH completes ICT project upgrade
- Egypt urban annual inflation slows to 9.8pc
- BIBF signs deal with Palestinian institute
- Bahrain’s GDP set to expand 12pc
- KFH-Bahrain rebrands priority banking
- Bank Nizwa wins top Islamic bank award
- Qatar labour costs may jump: IMF
- Kuwait Q3 trade surplus hits $23bn
- Dubai trade growth up 7.6pc to $362bn
- Deloitte appoints new managing director
- Al Ramz tops UAE trading in Feb
- IFC in $150m loan deal with Bank Audi
- SME funding focus for Abu Dhabi forum