NBAD appoints new head of commercial banking
Abu Dhabi, August 28, 2013
The National Bank of Abu Dhabi (NBAD) has appointed Nilanjan Ray as the head of Commercial Banking - Gulf.
Ray will manage NBAD’s extensive banking products and services offered to small- and medium-sized enterprises (SME) and commercial clients through commercial banking hubs and select branches, said a statement.
He has over 15 years of banking experience, especially in the commercial banking space. Ray joined NBAD from Abu Dhabi Commercial Bank (ADCB) where he was the head of the business banking division. Prior to ADCB, Ray worked for ICICI Bank in Bahrain and India, HDFC Bank and IDBI Bank in India.
“Ray is an accomplished and well-regarded banker whose profile includes strong financial accomplishments, product innovation and devising and implementing strategies that strengthen SME and commercial banking,” said Abdulla Bin Khalaf Al Otaiba, senior general manager of Retail and Commercial – Gulf.
“We are confident in his ability to make NBAD the bank of choice for all SMEs and commercial clients in the country and across wider NBAD footprint in the Gulf Cooperation Council countries (GCC),” said Otaiba. - TradeArabia News Service
More Finance & Capital Market Stories
- Oman fiscal surplus widens to $1.4bn
- Al khaliji opens new branch in Doha
- Bayzat launches online DBR calculator
- Dubai bourse tops 3,000 for first time in 5 years
- Bahrain mulls solvency rules for Takaful industry
- LuLu Exchange opens 3rd branch in Bahrain
- Saudi economic growth picks up in Q3
- GIH picks ex-Barclays banker as investment head
- Jeddah Economic Company names new CEO
- Saudi real GDP growth surges to 3.1pc in Q3